• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Little problem with new Magma 13slot

iode131

Hi all,

I've been using 2 UAD-1 in my 2x2,5G5 for a while now and was craving to get a magma and 2 other UAD's.

Finally I got hold of it all! Lucky me I thought... But I have a problem:

First I only installed my 2 old UAD's in slot 1 and 2 and tried the system. Everything works fine. The AMD mode even switched himself off automatically.

Then I put card #3 in slot 3 and re-tested it. Now the G5 can't even see the first two cards: UAD Perf Meter keeps warning me there are no card installed!

I'll try to switch the 3rd card away but I wondered if there was some trick to pull like reinstalling or resetting or something... I think I remember having to do something when I added the second card back in the days. Any thought anyone?

Thanks for your help,

MAx

Trace

iode131 said:
Hi all,

I've been using 2 UAD-1 in my 2x2,5G5 for a while now and was craving to get a magma and 2 other UAD's.

Finally I got hold of it all! Lucky me I thought... But I have a problem:

First I only installed my 2 old UAD's in slot 1 and 2 and tried the system. Everything works fine. The AMD mode even switched himself off automatically.

Then I put card #3 in slot 3 and re-tested it. Now the G5 can't even see the first two cards: UAD Perf Meter keeps warning me there are no card installed!

I'll try to switch the 3rd card away but I wondered if there was some trick to pull like reinstalling or resetting or something... I think I remember having to do something when I added the second card back in the days. Any thought anyone?

Thanks for your help,

MAx
That seems strange. I have 4 uad's in a 7 slot Magma and all is fine. I would guess that perhaps there is some physicall problem with the Magma. Try cleaning out each and every slot and contact in the board. If you have to try different slots.

I seem to remember there being some sort of power issue with older Magmas, that the board wanted to see something attached and drawing power from one of the HD slots or something. I'm sorry that I don't have the full info on that. Try doing a search on Magma here and seeing what pops up. I'll keep trying to think of other things and see if I can remember any other things to try.

TRACE :)

iode131

Hey Trace,

Thanks for your input but I figured it out already... I don't know why but when I just switched the 3rd card back into slot 3 it worked!?! I registered it, downloaded new authorizations and everything is fine now... Hopefully I'll get my 4th card next week.

I can't wait to mix my first song without bouncing... LOL

Cheers

Max

iode131

You know what? I think I figured out what happened... It seems that the magma won't work if put on its side. Just flipping it back horizontally resolved the issue. Weird, huh?

Giles117 DP

That is weird, cuz I had my 13 slot on it's side for it's entire life in my studio......

check to make sure the host card is seated properly....

Trace

Giles117 DP said:
That is weird, cuz I had my 13 slot on it's side for it's entire life in my studio......

check to make sure the host card is seated properly....
Hey Giles, I see you have 2 G5's. that's something I'm thinking of doing down the line. I think I'll look for a PCI model tho. So I can run my UAD's with better efficiency. I'll turn this G5 into a VSTi machine. How are you using them?

TRACE :)

UAD Bundle Month