• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Logic Mac session to PC

widdly1

Hi Guys

I'm gonna be mixing a session in Logic 5.5 PC that was recorded in Logic 7 on a mac. How should the band save the session so that I can open it on the PC. :?: (I know its easy the other way round PC TO Mac)

Cheers

Widdly

Giles117 DP

I'd freeze the tracks myself. you moving from newer to older. that might be an issue.....

Generally moving from a newer version session to an older versionn session can be VERY problematic. Moreso than upgrading.

Eddie Macarthur

when i'm exporting a cubase multitrack for others to mix here is what i do.
1. go to each track and get rid of the bits you dont want.
2. make the seperate parts on each track into an event which begins at the same time for all tracks
3. bounce each track into a continuous audio file

and
4. make a midifile and export it, if midi is involved.

also; if you have any virtual instruments, make sure to export their data as audio.

now, when you save these bounced files, they will line up in any other package when imported.

Ed

widdly1

Thanks for the tips guys. The client has Logic Pro I think and we have Logic 5.5 PC. Do you know what 'save as' options Logic Pro has concerning this kind of situation. As you say, bouncing each file starting at zero from Logic Pro at least guarantees start points line up which is my main concern. I just wondered if Logic Pro sessions/files were backward compatible.

Thanks again

Widdly :D

UAD Bundle Month