• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Mackie UAD Newb Questions

jd990

Sorry if this has been asked before but the forum search function wasn't working for me. I bought a UAD back when Mackie was distributing them and I was wondering if there are any differences in the card or the included plugins vs. the cards after Universal took over. I believe mine was original mackie UAD PCI card with only the stock plugins. I had this card in an old G4 and I hate to admit this but I forgot it was in there! Is there any advantage to using this card in an Sys 9 setup only or are there benefits to using it in OSX?? I thought I read somewhere that the original mackie cards had more plugs that the standard Universal UAD. Is this correct?? If so, I guess that would be a reason to keep using in in System 9??

TIA,
jd990

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
I can't answer your Mac-specific questions, but the Mackie card has 2 extra plug-ins compared to the Project Pak: 1176LN and LA-2A.

Holly

I don't undertand what you mean, but as Akis said, the Mackie cards are exactly the same hardware like the actual PCI cards plus the two plugins he mentioned. It should make no difference if you run them on OS9 or OSX. If you have a Mac with PCI slots, just download the actual UAD software and all should be fine. Don't know of any advantages UAD could have under OS9.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
For a short time Mackie also included the DreamVerb plug-in as a bonus. Yours could have up to 3 more plugs than the current base pack (Project Pak).

UAD Bundle Month