• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Main (Master) Bus Limiter?

jeffstemple

Hello everyone! Back in my Studio One days I would throw a "K system" limiter on the master bus to quickly get the volume of my demos to be up around the volume of "other similar recordings". Just so I could get a good reference....nothing fancy...basically a quick and dirty mastering process. Anyway...does anyone know of a UA plugin that does this?...something I could just quickly throw on the main bus to get the volume of everything up in the ball park? Ideally it would be a plugin the comes with the basic bundle? Thanks in advance for any info!

wglotz

Established Member
Which DAW are you using? The latest version of Logic has a Mastering plugin you can instantiate on the output bus.

wglotz

Established Member
It's not the "cure all" but it can give you some ideas to work from and it has some minor adjustments you can use.

mattbroiler

Established Member
+1 for Precision Limiter if you are looking for a UAD plugin specifically

There are other good options outside of UAD - ones that that come to mind first are PSP Xenon, IK Stealth Limiter, Goodhertz Faraday and Tokyo Dawn Limiter 6

jeffstemple

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the support! I recently made the switch to LUNA (sorry for not mentioning that in the original post), so far… I’ve been pleased. I’ll look into the options you mentioned… And see which one fits best. Thanks again!

UAD Bundle Month