• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Missing live button?

davey boy

I noticed yesterday while revisiting some of my guitar amp sims that the “live” button (or whatever it was called) that enables you to track through a uad insert effect without noticable latency, was gone. When was it removed and what is the current workflow for people? I was inserting the amp in the uad console app mixer so I could hear it in real time while having the same amp setup in Logic. In Logic I turned off software monitoring and then I just copy and pasted my settings from the console version of the amp to Logic. This seems pretty clunky though, Am I missing something?

mattbroiler

Established Member
yes it's a bummer live track mode was removed that is a useful feature for people who have uad dsp accelerator cards and satellites but not an apollo interface.

This sort of thing is what is sometimes referred to as "progress."

blinkofani

Yeah that’s a step back IMO. Dan made some tests comparing Live Mode enabled DSP plugins vs Native versions of the same plugins. The Native ones are the clear champs but UA’s timing to remove the feature is questionnable since they don’t have that much plugins ported yet. And most of their amp sim plugins are made by other developers that sell the same titles so not a lot of chances that these will ever be ported.

I use Logic Pro and I stopped at UAD 10.1 because 10.1.1 is the version that forces UAD plugins in Logic’s FX categories and now 11.0.1 removes Live Mode button. Just wonder if 10.1 works ok with Sonoma? I’m still on Ventura but Logic will eventually force me to go Sonoma and I’m afraid 10.1 won’t be issue-free.

davey boy

Yeah that’s a step back IMO. Dan made some tests comparing Live Mode enabled DSP plugins vs Native versions of the same plugins. The Native ones are the clear champs but UA’s timing to remove the feature is questionnable since they don’t have that much plugins ported yet. And most of their amp sim plugins are made by other developers that sell the same titles so not a lot of chances that these will ever be ported.

I use Logic Pro and I stopped at UAD 10.1 because 10.1.1 is the version that forces UAD plugins in Logic’s FX categories and now 11.0.1 removes Live Mode button. Just wonder if 10.1 works ok with Sonoma? I’m still on Ventura but Logic will eventually force me to go Sonoma and I’m afraid 10.1 won’t be issue-free.
I guess I’ll just deal with it and move on but appreciate the info. I usually pick the native versions when possible and will pick up the native version of the Suhr se100 when it goes on sale again. Btw, I was not liking this amp sim until I learned that it sounds the best with a very low input level. That’s been a recent revelation for many (but not all) of my amp sims (ie, Neural DSP etc).

UAD Bundle Month