• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Mobo suggestion? Core2Duo, 3 or more PCI, onboard FW

UAfan

With the PCI socket being a dying breed, and all important audio hw being either PCI or FW, I'm trying to find out if I should grab a mobo sooner than later. I'm thinking Core 2 Duo, and using an Intel chipset may save some compatibility problems.

I have 4 UAD-1s and an old Magma with flat cable (no PCIe upgrade possible/economically feasible), so I need 1 PCI slot for that. Also, I would like 2 PCI slots available for audio interfaces (planning one Lynx AES-16, maybe expanding to two). That leaves no room for a FW PCI I/F, and I haven't seen too many PCIe FW interfaces available. And I need a FW I/F for my Tascam FW-1884. Hence the onboard FW requirement.

I have found the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe with 3 PCI slots (and TI FW onboard), but it's one of the more expensive boards. Any other you guys know about? Any with 4 or more PCI slots at all? (Would be equal to 3 + FW until PCIe FW I/Fs are more common.)

Any recommendation for a simple (inexpensive), *fanless* PCIe graphics card, with 2 monitor outs (DVI+analog ok)?

M.

UAD Bundle Month