• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

my First MAC PRO 8 core

ksound

hi all i have Great news.
i moved from PC core 2 due to MAC PRO Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3GHz x 8 cores | OSX 10.4.10 | 8GB memory ..
and i tested it for 2 weeks from 15-20 hour per day in HArd work session in my Studio .. its simply ! ROCKS.. no Crashes. i tested it to load 70 MAster verb of wave ATrts and its take Just 20 per each CPu ( 4 Cpus) ... in logic and when the logic will start support 8 cores its will be 10% of using per Cpu..

if any 1 have tested it or try it post here :)

thanks .
Karem

nurfen

Congratulations! :D

I'm on a Quad Core Mac Pro, 4x2.66 GHz, and man do the Mac Pros rock or what!

ksound

sure. its great.. no more windows and problems :)

G

ksound said:
i tested it to load 70 MAster verb of wave ATrts and its take Just 20 per each CPu ( 4 Cpus) ... in logic and when the logic will start support 8 cores its will be 10% of using per Cpu..
How's your buffer setting? 128?

ksound

YES sure 128 44.1Khz

and i can work also in 32 without any problems.

jotore

Fixed my prob on my mac pro 8 core with Bass Station, so thats it :wink:

With Logic 8 you can actually change your buffers to 64 and see only a very small rise in CPU use over the 128 sample setting.

Try that with a PC. ;)

I also moved from a PC to a Mac Pro last fall and would never go back.

Dave

UAD Bundle Month