• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

NAMM New Year Coupon

afone1977

20 USD

the price of silence :lol:

UA try to corrupt me because i said too many time i want UAD-2 :D

sniper

Established Member
That's a strange attitude.. UA is giving out coupons, people go \"nah, not enough\". Like UA owe us $50 minimum before we'd even consider buying anything.
I guess some people are just plain cheap.

acidrock

sniper said:
That's a strange attitude.. UA is giving out coupons, people go "nah, not enough". Like UA owe us $50 minimum before we'd even consider buying anything.
Everyone has their price. :wink:

Wiz

acidrock said:
sniper said:
That's a strange attitude.. UA is giving out coupons, people go "nah, not enough". Like UA owe us $50 minimum before we'd even consider buying anything.
Everyone has their price. :wink:

How many vouchers has anyone got from waves.... :p

Wiz

afone1977

sniper said:
just only one personne that think it's not much at all,

I think the majority here are just curious to know why UA give voucher every time,

many people said if no new DSP i dont buy any new plugin,

so UA give them some voucher to push them to buy new stuff,

but frankly, the real pb is not the price here for many of us,

because of the quality of the plugins many people here are ready to pay,

yes it's true voucher are very cool, but a new dsp announcement would be cool too,

cane creek

Established Member
sniper said:
If like me you have a family to look after , a mortgage to pay and you only make music for a hobby then its hard trying to explain $199 for a plugin when the kids need new shoes for school... the $50 off coupon makes all the difference.

when i first bought a UAD-1 i lived at my parents and had a full wage packet to waste on myself ... however times have changed....

UA starting the ball rolling by handing out $50 coupons in the first place , so its only human nature that its expected now.

acidrock

I;ve got thrre cards and most of the plugs.There is a different promotion every month.This promotion is the least exciting of any I can recall.
Call me cheap,I'll call it prudent.I'll wait for a better promotion so I can have my money and my plug ins too.

yeah free money . but no where to spend. i owned all plugs. god . but i must say the spl and pmbc is a good buy definitely. using it almost in every session.

zed

I'm still grateful for the $20, I think anything free should be welcomed and appreciated. Though this may be the 1st time that I'll let one expire unused :(

In my book that's 10% off the price of two most recent plug-ins. Seems generous enough ;)

sniper

Established Member
cane creek said:
If like me you have a family to look after , a mortgage to pay and you only make music for a hobby then its hard trying to explain $199 for a plugin when the kids need new shoes for school... the $50 off coupon makes all the difference.

when i first bought a UAD-1 i lived at my parents and had a full wage packet to waste on myself ... however times have changed....
Oh but i DO have a family, with mortgages to pay, electricity and everything that makes a house/household go around. in which i'm the sole provider at the moment.
Believe me, i'm not wealthy at all but i chose my profession myself. Just as you chose your hobby yourself.
UA offers their great sounding plugins for their price. Take it or leave it. So if a voucher turns up, be it $20 or $50, i'm happy.

If anyone's not happy with the cost of their hobby it's hardly the fault of the manufacturers.
I'm all for $150 vouchers anytime but i won't complain about ANYTHING above $0.

maq

Wiz said:
How many vouchers has anyone got from waves.... :p
Actually, I regularly get 20% off emails from Waves.

UAD Bundle Month