• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Need a long Thunderbolt 2 cable

zamboknee

I need a Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 cable that's about 15 feet long. Is there such a thing? I have the Apple TB 2 to 3 adapter.

Quint

Venerated Member
I have two of the optical TB cables from Corning. I think they're both 75 ft long or something, but I forget the exact length.

I know they're expensive, but man it's been so nice to just put stuff wherever I want it, or in my machine room or whatever because I don't have to worry about having enough cable length. I thought it was worth the expense. I bought the first one for like $400 brand new, and then I bought the second one as a demo item for like $200.

Something to keep in mind. The expensive parts are the connectors. The actual cable itself is cheap. There's not that much difference in price between one cable and another that is longer by 50 ft or something, so you might as well just spend a little more and get one longer than you think you need. Who knows when you might need something longer. These cables come on a spool, so you can just keep the excess wound up on the spool.

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
I need a Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 cable that's about 15 feet long. Is there such a thing? I have the Apple TB 2 to 3 adapter.
Apple does a 3M one. if you've got a Satellite or other device, you can use 2 of them to get over 15ft.

I do this to get from my machine room into the control room, works great.

Bear-Faced Cow

Hall of Fame Member
Apple does a 3M one. if you've got a Satellite or other device, you can use 2 of them to get over 15ft.

I do this to get from my machine room into the control room, works great.
this is what I am going to be doing as well, as I am revamping my studio.

Looking at the cost of the fibre optic thunderbolt cables, this is probably a more cost-effective solution by a slight margin.

Jord

UAD Bundle Month