• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Need recommendation on good Reverb plug-in

albiess

Hi,

Can some one recommend me a really good(professional) reverb plug-in for vocal.

Trying to get that rich vocal sound like Celine Dion.

Thanks,

Holly

Never tried to get a Celine Dion - like vocal sound :roll: , but my verb of choice for nearly everything is UAD's Plate140 (and some Classic Verb from the Powercore).

Holly

.mr chris

as Holly said. and maybe some IR reverbs...

brian

I have heard that Celine Dion's vocals have often been treated with an AMS RMX16 (a damn great verb). There is no plugin that really sounds like this unit, but there are some great sounding ones with a different character.

Try tracking down IRs from an RMX16, especially of the Ambience program.

The EMT140 is very smooth and lush sounding, so give that one a try. You might have the most luck mixing two reverbs together. For native VSTs SpinAudio RoomverbM2 is good, but a little artificial sounding. You can get really smooth sounds from it though, and it has a very versatile modulation section. Also check out the ArtsAcoustic Reverb. It really sounds great, and is extremely easy to use. It has modulation and an echo built in, which can create some nice lush sounds. Very smooth tails free of metallic or resonant sounds (unless you want them, it is great for bizzare fx too). It is also very CPU-friendly.

albiess

Thank You!

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll try to get the UAD-1 with EMT140.

I am newbie to this stuff so I have some dumb questions.

How do I get a very smooth and lush sounding vocal while still keep the vocal in front of the mix? Often time, when I added reverb to the vocal, the vocal get push behind(muddy) in the mix.

Is there a good starting point setting? is it the predelay setting?

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Re: Thank You!

The predelay definetely is the key. Also, with reverb, less often is more (in terms of quality).

As for the other question: That typical lush sounding ballad reverb comes from a Lexicon machine. There will be a Lexicon clone reverb from IK Multemedia in Q3, I've got great expectations for this one.

albiess said:
Thank you all for your feedback. I'll try to get the UAD-1 with EMT140.

I am newbie to this stuff so I have some dumb questions.

How do I get a very smooth and lush sounding vocal while still keep the vocal in front of the mix? Often time, when I added reverb to the vocal, the vocal get push behind(muddy) in the mix.

Is there a good starting point setting? is it the predelay setting?

Thanks again for all your feedback.

Aux

living sounds said:
There will be a Lexicon clone reverb from IK Multemedia in Q3, I've got great expectations for this one.
Do you know which Lexicon model. I have PCM 70 and 80, so it will be nice to compare them. ( Maybe they'll make 480 clone :wink: )

giles117

prolly a Lex 480L or 960

The GUI looks like the 200 series, but the man who does the programming has told me that it's based on his PCM90 clones (the ones he did for Sonictimeworks, availible for Scope systems only), but with more delays and higher density. So this might actually get close to a 300 or even 480l... we'll see.

Aux said:
living sounds said:
There will be a Lexicon clone reverb from IK Multemedia in Q3, I've got great expectations for this one.
Do you know which Lexicon model. I have PCM 70 and 80, so it will be nice to compare them. ( Maybe they'll make 480 clone :wink: )

UAD Bundle Month