• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Neve 1073 suggested settings?

I just purchased the 1073. I have always had a tough time getting bass tracks to sit in my mixes. They alwasy sounded \"flubbery\" This thing is a charm. Nice tight bass now.

Any one care to share some settings they are using on the 1073 for anything????

I find for bass the \"Bass Pick\" setting with the HP set for 80 works great.

Thanks,

BTLG

Established Member
Everything is source related, so it's kind of hard to generalize. I hate the high boost on the 1073 for anything except vocals. It seems like most of the time the problems are in the mid range, so if you need more punch.clarity, try cutting some of the low mids and make sure your kick and bass aren't occupying the same space in the mix and you'll be fine (other wise you'll lose your kick when the bass hits certain frequencies).

If you've got a decent compressor with a sidechain (FMR RNC or Waves C1) you can key the bass with the kick so they lock in a little nicer.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
For bass, cut at 80 & boost at 110. For most else, cut at 220 & boost at either 3.2 or 4.8. Boost highs on vocals.

As you can see, I normally do a lot of boosting & passing with the Neve. For cutting midrange, I prefer the Sonalksis.

BTLG

Established Member
It's funny how two people can use the same gear totally differently!

What sources do you like it on? I really dig it on acoustic guitars and vocals, I prefer the urs S series on drums / bass.

I always end up cutting the lower mids and getting the same or better results as if i boosted the lows and highs.

UAD Bundle Month