• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Neve 1073 vs. Helios 69

djsynchro

Hall of Fame Member
Here's the deal: I can only afford ONE plug-in...

And I had decided on the Neve 1073 over the 1081, I like the 1073's simple tone control action for vocals & drums, but then along comes the Helios 69....
which is great too, and if I could afford it I would get them both (or all three) but I can't.

The Helios sounds a bit \"closer\" to me, the 1073 a bit \"further way\"...
Your thoughts please!!!!

mjau

I think the 1073 will probably work on more things, more often, while the Helios seems to be hit and miss (but when it hits, it's amazing). I'd go 1073.

pbissell

ummm

I think both are quite good and similar in many aspects. If you think you are going to use it primarily on the master bus or groups - 1073. It makes music out of anything. If you think you are going to use it for massive tone shaping (making 700HZ punch like Ali) then the Helios might be a shade better at that. That being said, a moderate amount of Helios sounds close to a Neve. I don't think you can go wrong to be honest.

Paul
:p

djsynchro

Hall of Fame Member
So I ended up getting the 1073. I think I actually prefer what the Helios does mid/high on electronic drums & vocals but I only have 1 card and the SE version of the 1073 lets me work longer before I need to freeze.

UAD Bundle Month