• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Neve 1081 sounds great!

wishingwell

I definitely love the sound, I wish i still could demo the Neve 1073 and compare the two to see how similar sounding they are. I can get $148 off the whole bundle since i have 33609, no money but the discount is until December 31 so that's great. Good job UA on the 1081, really special sounding!

Philosonic

I don´t quite understand that deal-
I Already own the 1073 and already PAID 249$- so, wow, 148 off the whole bundle?? -to buy the 1073 twice?!

I haven´t found any announcement on uaudio.com for an special offer of just two neves

boody

Established Member
Philosonic said:
I don´t quite understand that deal-
I Already own the 1073 and already PAID 249$- so, wow, 148 off the whole bundle?? -to buy the 1073 twice?!
the bundle will cost you 599 - 249 = 350
compared to the single prices for the 2 eqs (2x249=498) you'll save 148

cheers
Budy

jcat

I know we're engineers and not mathematicians, but...

To put it another way:

Full Cost - Bundle Price = Saving

(3x249) - 599 = Saving

747 - 599 = Saving

Saving = 148

Simple.

AFAIKT there's only a saving if you buy all three plugins.

Cheers,
jcat

Philosonic

[/quote]AFAIKT there's only a saving if you buy all three plugins.
That´s what I meant: If you already possess one of those plugin, you can only save by buying ALL THREE which will in fact be cheaper than to purchase two of them singularily. But there is no deal for getting two of them for a reduced price as an alreday-neve-owner, although this is kind of pretended by UA (as least that´s the way I perceived it through the announcement mail).

Doublehelix

I thought this thread was about how good the new 1081 sounded!

It's too early for math!!!

F5D

I just tried the 1081. Again, also the SE version sounds fantastic. This is much more versatile than the 1073. The bass boost works really well, as well as the high boost. The extra features make this plugin very good. I already decided to purchase this plugin before it was released because I've purchased the 2 other neve plugins too. I would be stupid if I didn't purchase the last 1081 because I can get it for $101 with the coupon which UA sent me.

1073SE needs 7.2% of dsp to run and 1081SE needs 7.6%. Nice to see that it's not more. IMO 1081 is hands down the best track eq plugin now.

jcat

jcat said:
AFAIKT there's only a saving if you buy all three plugins.
That´s what I meant: If you already possess one of those plugin, you can only save by buying ALL THREE which will in fact be cheaper than to purchase two of them singularily. But there is no deal for getting two of them for a reduced price as an alreday-neve-owner, although this is kind of pretended by UA (as least that´s the way I perceived it through the announcement mail).
Sorry for the continued OT. But just to clarify:

You're gripe is that you're not going to get a discount voucher because you don't already own two of them? If that's the case you’d do well to give them a ring and explain that you want to buy the bundle, but you already own one. See if they will offer you an appropriate discount voucher to use at the shop.

Cheers,
jcat

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Guys, the coupon is valid towards the completion of the Neve bundle; that means you should add the remaining plugs to your cart and add the coupon code. Those of you who have one of the Neves already will have to pay $325 to complete the bundle, those who have 2 should pay $101.

F5D

Akis said:
Guys, the coupon is valid towards the completion of the Neve bundle; that means you should add the remaining plugs to your cart and add the coupon code. Those of you who have one of the Neves already will have to pay $325 to complete the bundle, those who have 2 should pay $101.
Exactly. The coupons were sent only to customers who purchased the 1073, 33609 or both before 1081 was released. The only purpose of this discount code is that also these customers can get the neve bundle at the same bundle price. The final price of the neve bundle will be exactly the same whether you have bought the 1073 or 33609 before or not. The coupon code just compensates the price difference of separate plugins and bundle price.

So if you have purchased the 1073 allready for example and use the coupon to purchase the bundle, you will get only 33609 and 1081, not another 1073.

jcat

Akis said:
Concise answer! Good work, but I bet someone still asks how this works.. :wink:

Cheers,
jcat

wishingwell

Has anyone noticed a difference in sound between the Neve 1081 and the 1073? If there's no difference in sound then next month i may end up only getting the 1081, especially since it appears a bit more flexible. But if both eq's have a very noticeable difference in sound i may have to rob my own piggy bank.

Ben Logan

So, does the 1081 add any sort of sonic-goodness when simply set to the \"on\" position, in your opinion? We've talked much about how the Pultec seems to add something special simply by running a signal through it. Does the 1081 impart a character of it's own simply by passing audio through its chain?

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
Ben Logan said:
So, does the 1081 add any sort of sonic-goodness when simply set to the "on" position, in your opinion? We've talked much about how the Pultec seems to add something special simply by running a signal through it. Does the 1081 impart a character of it's own simply by passing audio through its chain?
Doubtful...
Quote from UA:
"Universal Audio’s Neve 1081 EQ delivers the same sonic experience as its analog cousin with exacting detail. The 1081 EQ also includes a DSP optimized 1081SE EQ for higher instance counts."

Looks like it has the same character as the 1073, but can be fine tuned.

S

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
imdrecordings said:
Ben Logan said:
So, does the 1081 add any sort of sonic-goodness when simply set to the "on" position, in your opinion? We've talked much about how the Pultec seems to add something special simply by running a signal through it. Does the 1081 impart a character of it's own simply by passing audio through its chain?
Doubtful...
Quote from UA:
"Universal Audio’s Neve 1081 EQ delivers the same sonic experience as its analog cousin with exacting detail. The 1081 EQ also includes a DSP optimized 1081SE EQ for higher instance counts."

S
The analog cousin is the hardware 1081, not the 1073. It should have a different character than the latter.

wishingwell

Akis said:
imdrecordings said:
Ben Logan said:
Doubtful...
Quote from UA:

S
The analog cousin is the hardware 1081, not the 1073. It should have a different character than the latter.
That sounds good to hear! Won't feel redundant to own both 1081 and 1073. I was impressed when i demo'd the 1073, i am blown away by 1081, would still love to do a comparison tho, may have to write UA for another demo.

Arys Chien

Something to try out:

Boost the high freq with something like a 8khz, 10khz or 15khz high shelf, and then use the 18khz low pass filter to round things a bit.

Great for some stuff.

UAD Bundle Month