• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

NEVE plugins are not the same bargain other UAD plugs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Version 4.3 will ship immediately following AES and include a 14-day fully functional demo of the Neve(r) 1073 and 1073SE. Full authorizations of the Neve 103/SE plug-ins will be available to registered UAD-1 customers for US$249 (includes both plugs) from my.uaudio.com

I also think the cross grade from PCI to PCIe and you get an $100 voucher is lame. $100 rebate would be much better. because of this i am trying to get a mainboard that supports at least 3 PCI slots and the Pentium D before they are gone! The MSI 945G NEO-F is looking good. 3 PCI slots and 2 PCIe slots.

billybk1

Shareholder
I dunno, I suppose UA could sell the Neve plugins ala carte:

Neve 1073: $150
Neve 1073SE: $99

Would that make you feel better? :wink:

I personally think it is a pretty good idea to include both versions for $249.
Use the DSP intensive version for your money tracks and the lighter SE, for the rest. If UA follows form, by the end of the year or early next year when the final Neve plugin is released, I am sure we will see a Supa Neve Plugin Bundle at a 20% discount and the traditional credit, for the final plugin, for us early adopters. :)

Neve 1073 EQ
Neve 1081 EQ
Neve 33609 bus compressor

guitarz

There's likely a good chunk of licensing fee going towards the Neve name in that price... But in the end, we'll have to hear how it sounds to judge the value, right?

While we wait..... you wanna get high?

taylor

my mixes already sound better if i just name the track "neve"... :p

but, seriously, $250 is a great price.. considering URS plugs are $450 for the neve and API (and are fantastic plugs, even for that money)...

sign me up!

Tony Ostinato said:
its feels expensive just to say neve.

G

yeah i guess you guys are right. hey! maybe we should just pay $500 for each because that would still be worth it :) even $2000 would be worth it! the sky is the limit!

sniper

Established Member
Tony Ostinato said:
its feels expensive just to say neve.
yeah, well it felt even expensier to say "Pultec" back in the days..

seriously, what the heck happened to $149?
sure, things cost more as the years go by but a $100 increase in one year seems pretty steep!!

i skipped the roland echo because of it's price tag. the neve "thang" has got to be skipped as well.

i don't have $249 just like that.

wishingwell

They should sell the 1073 accurate version for $150 and the se version for $100. it comes out the same and everybodies happy. as a matter of fact UA would get more customers that way because many of us can fork over $150 but not $250. I can spend $150 without going into the poor house {and still would come back for the se version later, its just easier buying them one at a time}. Doing it this way ua would still get the worth of the plugins but also get more money because of having doors open to more customers. To me it makes business sense.

pogo

If UA were your company, what would you do? Charge $250 (undercutting the competition for UAD users) and add a reduced quality version to sweeten the deal or charge $150/$100 cutting your sales by 40% because most users will simply purchase the high quality version and leave it at that?
The price/perfoarmance ratio is in our favor in my opinion.
If you really don't think the plug is worth it, don't give it a second thought.

Cabbage

To me the $150/$100 split does not make sense. The SE versioon is just a cherry on top, and I hope a pretty sweet one too.

I bet the effort was spent developing the hi-end version, and after that they cut some corners to get the SE version and make it a better deal for the customers. I am guessing that would be 10% of the development budget, would that mean it should be sold for $25??

You cannot split the package just it like that.

Petter

mersisblue

pogo said:
If UA were your company, what would you do? Charge $250 (undercutting the competition for UAD users) and add a reduced quality version to sweeten the deal or charge $150/$100 cutting your sales by 40% because most users will simply purchase the high quality version and leave it at that?
The price/perfoarmance ratio is in our favor in my opinion.
If you really don't think the plug is worth it, don't give it a second thought.
I dont think thats the problem . I dont think its the mprice of the plugin

because if its an accurate model it should be worth it ... I think the problem

is most UAD users dont wanna freeze their tracks almost every 2 minutes

because they cant run the amount of instances they are gonna want . I

see myself having to get some native plugin bundles to compensenate for

what Ill no longer be able to use my UAD for .

Big Harpe

I guess I'll have to try it out before I know what it will do for me. Can anyone tell me what it's going to do? \"Sweeten\" is a word used to flavor my coffee. I have trouble relating that to my audio mixes.

$249 is a lot of money for 'ME'. Not you maybe, but ME. $150 is more like it. For instance, I bought Cambridge, Plate 140 and Fairchild because that's all I could spend at the time - $150, and I had a use for the plugs too. I can't justify buying something for $249 unless it's really going to rock my world.

I still think UA should give away a token freebie for marketing. That would help me justify buying a new plugin too. Remember the days of Nigel, Pultec, Dreamverb, etc.? What is so different than those days? I mean - throw us a bone, something that isn't so high end but is fun and useable... I'll remember it too, and I'll shell out the extra 100 bucks... maybe... next time around. No harm in asking.

Giles117 DP

Cheap Cheap Cheap....249 is a bargain. As one user pointed URS aint cheap and you need an ilok.

My wallet is poised and ready....

Tony Ostinato

neve liscensing/endorsement surely drives up the price.

in the webzine this month theres a demo video so you can get the idea.

A Gruesome Discovery

taylor said:
but, seriously, $250 is a great price.. considering URS plugs are $450 for the neve and API (and are fantastic plugs, even for that money)...
The URS Neve 1073 emulation by itself is $250, sounds great, and 72 instances have my CPU meter at 50%. I'm sure the UA version will sound a bit better, but the word "extravagant" immediately comes to mind.

Tony Ostinato

yah but you wont have to have that bogus \"N\" designation on the plugin, it will say NEVE for all the world to see.

aside from that indeed theres dozens of eq's out there you can use and many of them will have \"N\" presets.

G

it all depends on how much money you have if the plugin is \"cheap\" or not.
to some it is cheap, and to others it is not. it just seems that the people that have a lot of money think that everyone else has a lot too. It also seems like the people that have a lot of money can not believe that there are people that don't have as much money as they do and if they dont they should.

so if it is both cheap and expensive depending on who's point of view you are looking from. Then respect the other side. you may be there some day.

Either way as the topic was trying to point out. the neve plugins are not as much of a bargain as other UAD-1 plugins have been I.E the Fairchhild.

Dan Duskin

Established Member
people complain about price way too much. if they want cheap, buy cheap plugins!!! if you are going to complain, complain about things that really matter (i.e., ridiculous PCIe BS, etc)... again, if you can't afford the plugin, get something cheaper! Have you checked out all the freeware plugins? Also, check Voxengo... great sounding plugins at ultra-low cost (but terrible interfaces that most can't understand). Look around if you can't pay that much. I would MUCH rather UA make HIGH-QUALITY products and not do STUPID SHIT than sell cheap plugins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAD Bundle Month