• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

New Macpro

Yo folks: Apple just released thier new Mac....called Macpro.

I am very interesting in this. so I can replace my current G4 Dual 1.25.

but My problem is ..If I get this , My whole system gonna blow away.

My Magma 32/7 slots and 2 UADs. 3 Poco will be useless also..

So Anyone got any idea for this ??

Get a new mac and still keep old system working ...

or just sell all my old sytem and get new PCI-E system ??

Thanks a lot.

mikeyb

Just hang on a little longer- magma interface card available soon to allow exsisting chassis(including your 7slot/32bit) to work with PCIe computers
such as the Mac Quad 2.5Ghz, or the new Mac Pro. Magma say card will cost $299. Also Express 34 card coming soon - so you can use your chassis with MacBook Pro.

dix

mikeyb said:
Just hang on a little longer- magma interface card available soon to allow exsisting chassis(including your 7slot/32bit) to work with PCIe computers
such as the Mac Quad 2.5Ghz, or the new Mac Pro. Magma say card will cost $299. Also Express 34 card coming soon - so you can use your chassis with MacBook Pro.
The Mac Pros use Intel chips. Won't UA need to port their plugins to Universal Binary before any of us can use the Macs?

mikeyb said:
Jmagma interface card available soon to allow exsisting chassis(including your 7slot/32bit) to work with PCIe computers
such as the Mac Quad 2.5Ghz, or the new Mac Pro. Magma say card will cost $299.
Have you got any additional info on this? I'm also reluctant to ditch all my PCI equipment when upgrading to the mac pro.

Thanks in advance

mikeyb

pedro trotz said:
mikeyb said:
Jmagma interface card available soon to allow exsisting chassis(including your 7slot/32bit) to work with PCIe computers
such as the Mac Quad 2.5Ghz, or the new Mac Pro. Magma say card will cost $299.
Have you got any additional info on this? I'm also reluctant to ditch all my PCI equipment when upgrading to the mac pro.

Thanks in advance
Only emails to/fro magma. They reckon Aug/Sept 06 - heres the part number quoted from magma -

> >Hi Mike-

> >

> >The cost of the PCI Express Host card (PEHIF68) will be around $300.00.

> >

> >I will contact you when this is released.

> >

> >Please let me know if you have any other questions.

> >

> >Regards-

> >

> >Jill Kohlhorst

thanks mikeyb

Somehow I've got the feeling that this host card will not be compatible with the chassis and connectors I have now...

Let's wait and see, anyway.

UAD Bundle Month