• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

new Magma alternative - 200 Euros !

RichR

That would be great if it works! The only thing missing is a fan. I would cut a hole at the top or the back and stick a fan over it.
I would love to know how it manages the IRQs...

G

I am about to order 1. As soon as I get it, Ill let you guys know. I'm sick of Magma since my cable broke. It costs me 125 EURO to get a new cable, so this looks very promising :D

Agent Cooper

Established Member
Please do that, Jimmy.
I'll upgrade to a Penryn Quad as soon as they are available, and this one would solve all my slot problems - if it works with UAD.
Thanks,
Cooper

Paul Woodlock

Established Member
RichR said:
That would be great if it works! The only thing missing is a fan. I would cut a hole at the top or the back and stick a fan over it.
I would love to know how it manages the IRQs...
You don't need a fan. A UAD-1 card only consumes abnout 12W. 4 of them onyl consumes 50W and the heatsinks are plenty.

Paul Woodlock

Established Member
Don't forget you'll need at least a 5A power supply if you've got 4 cards. Your standard wall wart won't cut it. Use the 12V feed from a computer supply. They're cheap enough. Or even run a feed from your computer's supply if you've got any spare power.

Paul Woodlock

Established Member
but yeah it's a great find ( if it works ). Magma was always a stupid price for what it actually is. Even the host card is nearly £300 in the UK.

G

So guys, it's ordered. As soon as it get's in, I'll post an update of how things are, hopefully, working :lol:

asg

I suspect a number of us are waiting with baited breath, I can't make a move on a new mobo until I know one way or the other - if I already had a mobo with PCIe, I'd have taken a punt.

Regards, Andrew

wabisabimusic

I have a friend who ordered one to use it with a new Quad Mac Pro. His UAD-1 seemed to work without problems, but none of the other cards he tried. (RME MADI and Hammerfall). He did not try with a PC.

Greetings

Chris

G

The Dutch will always be pioneers :D
Ik hou je op de hoogte!!! ( I'll keep you posted)

secretworld

I think the whole forum is dutch! :p. And if we can safe a few bucks on a magma alternative..... we are first in line.

UAD Bundle Month