• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

New update .fxp Converter including Pultec and Pultec-Pro

RWIL

Established Member
Ok, another release including the Pultec-Pro to/from Pultec (rev.5):

-1073 <-->1073SE
-1176LN <-->1176SE
-Pultec-Pro <-->Pultec
-Mono .fxp supported, mono <-->stereo to same or cross version
-Batch up to 30 files
-Drag & drop or from a dialog (multi-selection up to 30)
-Read the ReadMe file for other details

Link:

(Thanks to the lewis bros.)
http://66.46.134.58/basfiles/UADConverter_rev5.zip

Cheers,
RW

cAPSLOCK

act fast, and I will put it on noisevault... bout to go to bed. Sendingo you a PM with email address.

cAPS

cAPSLOCK

Off to bed.

If you still need a host in the AM (Well the AM in Dallas at least) then let me know.

Otherwise you could use a free file hosting site like:
http://rapidshare.de

cAPS

jcat

baronluigi said:
...uh I guess I'm thick headed this morning, but what would we use the little converter for? :?:
You can't load 1073 .fxp files in the 1073SE without some alterations to the .fxp file....

Cheers,

jcat

RWIL

Established Member
cAPSLOCK said:
act fast, and I will put it on noisevault... bout to go to bed. Sendingo you a PM with email address.

cAPS
Ok, off the bed now, some important things to do for the next 1/2 hour and I'm sending the pack...

Looking foward...

RW

EDIT:
ok cAPSLOCK, the file is sent.
Very easy to use, I hope.
Drag&Drop a .fxp over the image and the app will create a new one for the little or big brother in the same folder. It keep the name of the original .fxp name and add the appropriate prefix to the new version:
-add "Z-1073SE-" if the new version is for SE
-add "Z-1073-" if the new version is for the «miam miam incredible» big brother! :D

A typical way to use is:
-SE having a nice custom preset you export the preset as a fxp on the desktop, minimize the app, run the converter, drag & drop the file over, and that's it; the twin is there...

Also, the image is «Impressionniste» because it avoid confusion with the real plug and maybe copyright!

Read the file in the .zip...
Seems ok here, so I hope the same to anybody under XP...
RW

RWIL

Established Member
lowrenzo said:
this converter is not working here..

the file vcl50.bpl is not found by the program

Sorry, i packed the zip with the wrong built.
I sent the new zip to the lewis bros.
The new file should be available soon...

RW

EDIT: Ok the updated file is available:
http://66.46.134.58/basfiles/1073-FXP-Converter-v1.zip

Hope that one is fine...

RWIL

Established Member
Did another version which can perform batch conversion up to 20 .fxp a time. Also has a stronger wrong fxp detection.
Let me know if the actual release is working fine enough to upload the new file...

Cheers,
RW

svs95

Shareholder
RWIL said:
Did another version which can perform batch conversion up to 20 .fxp a time. Also has a stronger wrong fxp detection.
Let me know if the actual release is working fine enough to upload the new file...

Cheers,
RW
Works here. THANKS!!

Batch version would be welcome. 8)

RWIL

Established Member
Hi,
did a new release including 1176LN & 1176SE.
Read the first post for more details and features....

RW

billybk1

Shareholder
Thanks RW, I appreciate the effort that went into this, for the benefit of the UAD-1 community. I'll let you know how I get along with the converter, once I've had a chance to properly check it out.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

svs95

Shareholder
RWIL said:
Hi,
did a new release including 1176LN & 1176SE.
Read the first post for more details and features....

RW
Works a treat here, man. Thanks a million! I've brought this to the attention of UA, so maybe we'll get something official to do this as well as the Pultec-to-Pultec Pro conversions and 1176/SE conversions.

In the case of Pultec Pro-to-Pultec, there is the missing MEQ-5 in the destination plug-in which would have to be ignored, but it should be no problem. Sometimes you grab the Pro and realize you don't need the mid EQ. Not all host apps support controls view (generic interface), so a preset converter would be cool.

I don't expect anything official for quite some time, if ever, so meanwhile I really do appreciate your industriousness. If you're still interested in a batch version, I'd say go for it. This one appears to work perfectly.

RWIL

Established Member
Thanks Billy & svs95!
Good chance that Pultec will be the next beast! :D
I'm using it a lot too and to be able to share between both version will be a must!

RW

UAD Bundle Month