• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Newbie:How to Load UAD AU presets in DP4.5.2 ?

chlady

Just got my first studio pack card installed today and have been trying it out on different tracks. I wanted to try some of the extra presets that were on the install cd just to check things out and tweak from there but haven't been able to load them in DP. I noticed that the cambridge presets were stored in Library/application support/UA/presets so I put them there in the presets folder. Anyway, in the plugin menu, say with LA2A everything is still greyed out except save settings. If I click on load vst preset (which I know it isn't vst) on the bottom of the plugin it gets me to the AU presets in the application support path but when I try to load I get an error that the file is invalid. So how do I load the AU presets loaded in DP ?

Craig

mersisblue

In logic

you have to load VST presets because AU dont work

Id think it would be funny if DP could do this ...but

logic couldnt :D

try loading a VST preset unless some one else says its a bad idea

mersisblue

In logic

you have to load VST presets because AU dont work

Id think it would be funny if DP could do this ...but

logic couldnt :D

try loading a VST preset unless some one else says its a bad idea

giles117

It is the same in DP, use the VST presets (downloadable from UAD's site) and then click load VST (at the bottom of whatever UAD plugin)

chlady

Thanks for the info .I tried loading the VST presets into DP and low and behold it did work. I wouldn't have thought so after looking at the read me file for the presets:

[These presets are suitable for VST hosts only. If your host application uses the MOTU MAS or Audio Units plugin format, you can download these presets for the MAS and AU platforms at:
http://www.uaudio.com/support/software/ ... pport.html
Be sure to view the ReadMe file inside the downloaded folder.]

Why bother having the AU presets if they don't work and the VST do.
I guess someone at UA should update this read me file to avoid confusion in the future. Anyway glad this solution worked.

Craig

giles117

The AU Presets are for Logic

chlady

I guess they should still make a note that DP users should use the vst presets instead of AU.

giles117

They did make a note, what I am telling you is straight out of that note :)

The reason the AU presets don't really work in DP is because DP is using a proprietary AU wrapper of sorts to use AUs in the MAS environment. The UAD-1 AU presets depend on the host being coded to run AU plugs natively. DP does not with its AU.component \"wrapper\".

So...the VST presets while using the AU UAD-1 plugs are the only other option.

UAD Bundle Month