NO Sound in LUNA when recording

SHLL

Hello.....

10 days or so I upgraded the OS system after I received the mail from UAD saying it was ok but since then I have been really having troubles with my Apollos and LUNA. Sometimes I have to restart my computer several times to get the computer to recognize the Apollos and get sound even though in System Preferences they show the UAD as the soundcards for input and output. Yesterday was the first time since updating I got sound on boot up. But if you turn off the apollos and come back in an hour, you get no sound. YOu have to restart the computer again. I can live this this.

The biggest issue is I want to record and I have no sound coming to my monitors and I can not send any sound to my PA in the live room where I record my synthesizers. I have checked console and all looks normal. I get signal and I can record it but I have no sound. I am stumped.... I have looked at everything I can think of. Also, if I open a LUNA session that was working fine 2 weeks ago and try to record a new I now get no sound as well. It must be something with the computer software somewhere.. HELP????

Here are some screen shots...
Thanks scott

Mac OS 14.4.1
Mac Mini 2019
Apollo 16
Apollo 8 (10 years old)

Attachments

chrisso

Venerated Member
Did Drew advise someone to allow the 'mic' in their Apple OS?
Do you have everything correctly linked in the Audio/Midi set up in Mac OS?
I'm still on OS 12.5.1 thankfully.

SHLL

Hello Chrisso,

The mac mini does not have a mic built in.

I believe so as it was all working fine. Someone suggested reinstalling the previous LUNA version. I might try this if I have to.

I am not sure if this OS update is the problem or the LUNA- Console update?
Peace
scott

[/QUOTE]

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Hello Chrisso,

The mac mini does not have a mic built in.

I believe so as it was all working fine. Someone suggested reinstalling the previous LUNA version. I might try this if I have to.

I am not sure if this OS update is the problem or the LUNA- Console update?
Peace
scott
[/QUOTE]

This applies to any incoming audio.

SHLL

Thanks Drew.... It seems all my audio programs have access to the mic but system audio recording only, was not active for LUNA.. So I have added this now but I still get no sound when recording. Nothing out of my PA (which I use one of the headphone cues to send sound to). Nothing out of my monitors. I can record the signal, disengage record and hear the sound I recorded. Strange....

Any other ideas?
Thanks
scott

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Thanks Drew.... It seems all my audio programs have access to the mic but system audio recording only, was not active for LUNA.. So I have added this now but I still get no sound when recording. Nothing out of my PA (which I use one of the headphone cues to send sound to). Nothing out of my monitors. I can record the signal, disengage record and hear the sound I recorded. Strange....

Any other ideas?
Thanks
scott
It's almost impossible to diagnose on a forum via text as it could be countless things.

Do you have signal in Console? Let's start there.

Also, a vid would be super helpful to see the bigger picture.

SHLL

FUCK... I just screwed everything up now... I reset the IO settings and of course lost all sound. But now console will not load my template for the IO settings. Luckily, I have a screen shots of the settings but it will take me time to redo this again. If I can get back to the same state as I was, then I will make you some videos, I hope.. Sorry..
scott

SHLL

On the left is the screen shot of the original IO settings and now when I load the same ones, the Apollo 16 is now on the top of the list and the numbers do not match up anymore. Does not seem to be anyway to move these ?

SHLL

Ok... messing about in the IO settings and restarting the computer.. It all seems to be working again.. Phew... Thanks folks..

UAD Bundle Month