• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Ordered UAD-1e today and.....

climber

cane creek said:
......they work ok on midi tracks ?
??????????? MIDI tracks ???????

cirillo1

I assume by "MIDI tracks," cane creek is referring to virtual instrument tracks that generate audio under MIDI control. In that case, then yes - in my experience the UAD-1e plugs appear to work fine as inserts on those track types (e.g. EXS24 bass, with an LA2A compressor inserted on the channel.).

As I've mentioned in this forum previously, my Mac Pro 8-core (Early 2008) 2.8Ghz machine is working with 2 UAD-1e cards and Logic - you just need to be conservative on the number of instances and (in my case at least with a FireWire Apogee Ensemble audio interface), keep the latency as low as possible (<256 samples). Though this may seem counterintuitive, my experience has proved that the higher the latency, the more likely you'll see CPU spiking w/the UAD plug-ins.

Cheers,
Bob

Ninja

Not the case here.

My music is about 90% virtual instruments.

My dual quadcore 2.8 (jan 2008 model) is at times alot worse off than my dual G5 was.

I have 3 x uad-1 cards and a Apogee Ensemble interface.

Performance is terrible. Especially with demanding plugins (Neve stuff springs to mind). I can forget about the uad-1s running at anything more than 30-40% before the spikes are so demanding that it brings the computer to it's knees (which is quite an acomplishment considering the avaiable power).

Tried different buffer settings. Not any difference as far as I can see...

Hope Apple and UA are able to work this one out.

UAD Bundle Month