• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

OT: My Crane Song Adventure!

MASSIVE Mastering

Holy Jeebus! Almost 1600 unique views of that page in 6 days!

That deserves a BUMP... ^^^

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Maybe you can ask David to respond to me regarding porting Phoenix to Powercore. ;)

MASSIVE Mastering

Uh... Yeah... I got a feeling that you shouldn't really wait for that...

But seriously, I was asking him about going VST (or even DX) with it and he just sort of \"changed the subject\" pretty quickly.

Eric Dahlberg

When I spoke with him on the phone, he immediately expressed that he didn't want anything to do with VST due to all the piracy. However, I went on to forward him several e-mails from TC demonstrating what makes Powercore an extremely safe platform, even safer than TDM. TC actually became quite enthusiastic about the project, it's a shame Cranesong didn't feel the same way about it.

Anyway, I've got a Portico tape bus in my car & should have a chance to put it up against a nice Ampex soon.

Back on topic, thanks for the pictures!

brian

Eric, you put the Portico Duo Tape on your car stereo? Hardcore!! :lol:

Cool pics John. You should have taken a bunch of snapshots on microfilm of his workbench though...

Eric Dahlberg

Bumpin' it! ;)

MASSIVE Mastering

brian said:
Cool pics John. You should have taken a bunch of snapshots on microfilm of his workbench though...
Ummm... Yeah... Uhh, check your PM...

Kidding, kidding... \:D/

T-Dogg

Soooo... Eric.... Portico? How does it sound man :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Very curious 'bout this one...

Eric Dahlberg

The Portico warms & adds body, tames midrange transients, & glues the mix; it basically does everything you'd hope it would! Surprisingly enough, it's the 7 1/2 ips setting that sounds the best to me, the 15 ips setting is too subtle unless it's driven to saturation, at which point it sounds harsh.

Anyway, I'm waiting until we can put it up against an ATR-102 before posting a full report. Maybe we can even get Phoenix up against it.

MASSIVE Mastering

New and Improved!!!

The original \"Crane Song Adventure\" page from July was SO popular, it was mind-blowing. Several thousand users over only the first several days. Of course, I only had a few shot that were actually take at Crane Song...

Let's say that several people let me know that they were a little disappointed about that.

I hate to disappoint - I was up there AGAIN on Tuesday with camera in-hand. The page has been updated with more photos from the facility.

I won't take it personally that so few people actually cared that I finally got a vacation... :)

CRANE SONG ADVENTURE Trip

brian

Nice update, those workbench pics are pretty damn cool! I really like those resistors stored in the reel boxes too. Oh and congrats on what looked like a fun vacation.

UAD Bundle Month