• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Overdubbing in PT-LE With the UAD-1 Plugs

Raw-Tracks

I have run into a problem that I can't seem to figure out a work around. I would like to figure out a way to overdub on a \"mix in progress\" in PT-LE and get around the latency issues.

When I mix in PT-LE, I put the Delay Comp plug on every channel. I set it for 1 pultec + 1 other plug. It's extremely rare that I need more than that on any given track in a mix.

My trouble is that if I need to record an overdub once I have started mixing, the new tracks that I record line up with the \"Delay Comped\" tracks. In other words, the new tracks are late. The new tracks do not require a delay comp plug in to play in time with the rest of the delay comped plugs.

The problem comes in when I want to add a UAD plug to my newly overdubbed track. I could go back and add another plugin to the delay comp on all of my previous tracks, but that's a pain. Also, another problem is that if I consolidate that new overdub track and want to have someone import that track into their session on another system, they won't line up.

I hope my explanation makes sense. I am curious to know if anyone has come up with a workaround for this. I guess I could cut the beginning of the file by the number of samples that it is off from the rest of the files. I have yet to take the time to figure out how many samples that would be.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

if you are using a 002, turn on low latency monitoring mode. this will bypass all plugins. record your track, then turn the mode off...

UAD Bundle Month