• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

PCIe cards arrived!

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
They're finally here!

I'm going to try to put one through the paces this weekend, together with a standard card & a Powercore Element, on a 7-slot Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G. My expectations are low but my hopes are high! ;)

.mr chris

good luck, Eric! 8)

Eric Dahlberg

toneDef said:
Do we still get a "forum" discount?
We recently did a major overhaul of site & the coupon code module hasn't been put in yet, so just write in "10% forum discount" in the comments field when ordering & we'll take care of it manually. On a positive note, the site should be much faster right now & will get even better over the next month.

Cat5

Established Member
Eric, any chance you'll be doing a trade up promotion, and offering used PCI cards for sale? I remember you doing something like this before. It'd be incentive for some folks to upgrade, and others to pick up a couple more PCIs for the magma.

Spacey

Hi Eric, wasnt the reason for your site being slow because of the really high quality of the pics on site....as if they were .bmp instead of .jpeg

I could be thinking about another site though.

Eric Dahlberg

Cat5 said:
Eric, any chance you'll be doing a trade up promotion, and offering used PCI cards for sale? I remember you doing something like this before. It'd be incentive for some folks to upgrade, and others to pick up a couple more PCIs for the magma.
That's a nice idea. Would anybody be up for that? Are there any technical issues to worry about when doing that?

Eric Dahlberg

Spacey said:
Hi Eric, wasnt the reason for your site being slow because of the really high quality of the pics on site....as if they were .bmp instead of .jpeg
That's part of it, not so much because the image files are huge but because the site does it's own resizing of the pictures as opposed to loading smaller-sized images to begin with. We still need to take care of that (& actually can now, which wasn't an option before) but the faster server has already made a dramatic difference.

Doc Jones

Eric Dahlberg said:
Cat5 said:
That's a nice idea. Would anybody be up for that? Are there any technical issues to worry about when doing that?
I would definitely be interested in that (not sure about the technical issues though)

electro77

Venerated Member
Who is running a combination of UAD-1 and UAD-1e on an AM2 board already?

Cat5

Established Member
Eric Dahlberg said:
Cat5 said:
I don't think there would be any technical issues because UA have alreaduy said that in upgrading to a PCIe version, all plugs would become authorized to the new card and the old PCI card would be rendered a legally sellable project pack. Plus, those who do swap for PCIe get an extra $100 voucher to the UA store. Basically, you'd just be filling in for ebay, and saving people the extra ebay/paypal fees, and trouble of shipping to an unknown buyer.

Either way, I'm up for buying a couple more PCI cards for a discounted price.

marQs

Shareholder
Cat5 said:
I'd jump that train!

mBlaze

UAD PROMO's

On top of any discount Eric's giving don't forget UA's existing promo's...

http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2006/august/index.html

If you already have a UAD-1 and buy a UAD-1e Express PAK before end of August you get the $100 X-Grade, the UAD 100 ($100) multicard promo PLUS the $100 that comes with the Express PAK.

That's $300 in UAD$ vouchers for the online plug store for spending $499 (minus Erics discount $49?) -

... oh and then you can sell your old UAD-1 on e-bay if you want and transfer all existing plugs to UAD-1e. Theoretically, you can actually make a profit!!

that_kid

Well I wanted another UAD card so I went with the Expert pak. After all was said and done I had $1100 in vouchers plus the 10% forum discount. This was great as I only had a project pak before, now I'm all hooked up with the plugins I've always wanted :D .

UAD Bundle Month