• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

PDC issues with Logic 7.1

FloatingPoint

I'm getting latency with UAD plugs on my audio instrument tracks (I'm not talking about busses or auxes here) in Logic 7.1. This despite the fact that PDC is set to ALL. I don't have any problems with native plugs, and I didn't have this problem with Logic 7.0 either.

I've got a dual 1.8 Ghz G5 running 10.3.9. Can anybody think of why this is happening, or any solutions?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but my searches keep timing out.

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
I'm getting latency with UAD plugs on my audio instrument tracks (I'm not talking about busses or auxes here) in Logic 7.1.
So do you mean you are getting latency during playback on instrument tracks with UAD-1 plugins, or do you mean there is more latency than usually when you have the Logic PDC setting to \"ALL\"?

FloatingPoint

UAJames said:
I'm getting latency with UAD plugs on my audio instrument tracks (I'm not talking about busses or auxes here) in Logic 7.1.
So do you mean you are getting latency during playback on instrument tracks with UAD-1 plugins, or do you mean there is more latency than usually when you have the Logic PDC setting to "ALL"?

I'm getting latency on instrument tracks in both the "ALL" and "Audio tracks and Instruments" settings--about the same amount in either case. Interestingly enough, I'm NOT getting latency on BUSSES when PDC is set to "ALL". So I guess I should be thankful for at least that much. Still, though, I'd like to be able to use UAD-1 plugs on the instrument tracks without latency (which I was able to do in 7.0).

The Beatsmith

is it:

1. latency on playback of the track in the sequencer, or
2. latency when you put a plug on a track and try to trigger it on your keyboard?

2 is to be expected and can't be helped man

UAJames

Universal Audio
UA Official
That's odd. Try having AU Manager rescan all your UAD-1 plugins. The only Instrument that I am aware of where latency compensation \"doesn't work\" is with the step sequencer in UltraBeat. For some reason, the step sequencer is not factored into the delay compensation process. It works properly, however, if you have a MIDI region triggering the notes on the track. This is the same for any plugin that would require delay compensation though.

UAD Bundle Month