• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Plate 140 bug or something else?

I was experimenting with Plate 140 in my mastering chain in Wavelab just to see how and if it can add some extra spaciousness without ruining the sound. After playing around with it i finally came to a quite satisfying result. The values themselves don't really matter except the fact that the "wet" button was off. After rendering the track and listen back to it i had a very unpleasant surprise. It was sounding full on reverb exactly as if i had the "wet" button on before rendering.

I tried many times without any change. It seems like during rendering the "wet" button is getting active again automatically. Or could it be something else that i'm missing?

Could maybe anyone check if he could duplicate the problem?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Alex.

Haddox

This is tough given the information. What DAW are you using?

I believe, if it was a universal bug, everyone would experience it whenever they used 140 and exported a song. I've never had that happen.

You say it's in your chain so, we can rule out that you're rendering has an extra bus. Very interesting problem.

Are you automating anything? in this chain?

Was there ever a midi track on or tied to the track where you're now mastering?

UAD Bundle Month