• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Plate 140 noise

mlacommare

I am getting a strange sound on the plate 140 the first time a signal is sent to it in a song. For example when used on a snare: the first hit on the snare will produce a sound from the plate like the crack of a whip drowned in verb. Every other hit after that is normal. It happens on different projects but it is always on the very first hit only. Anyone ever noticed this?

Mark

mlacommare

I don't think so. I read that thread before and it didn't sound like it was describing the same thing. Unfortunately none of the links to examples of that sound are working any longer so the description is all I have to go on.

M

RWIL

Established Member
mlacommare said:
the first hit on the snare
From where is coming the snare sound?
I'm asking that since I'm using DFHS and it has his way to read samples.
No partial preload on cache mode. That's mean that many time on first hit the sample sound is not playing correctly, only the second time because already cached.

UAD Bundle Month