Please help me transfer plugin licenses from System 1 to System 2

chpaul

Hi,

I just switched interfaces and moved away from my multi Apollo setup to another manufacturer.

However, I really enjoy my UAD plugins, so I just purchased a Satellite Octo for my new setup. Today, I installed the UAD software and set it up. Like a dummy, I created a new System in my UAD profile for my Satellite. The problem is, all of my pkuginbs are tied to the old System(the apollos I no longer use). I can't figure out how to fix this...it seems like I have 2 options:

1. Transfer my plugins to the new system.
2. Transfer the Satellite HW to the old system

Which is the best/easiest way to do this? How do I do this? I see a transfer request in my account profile, but I can't figure it out. I can't find a customer support line to call either, just a support link.

Thanks.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
Hi,

I just switched interfaces and moved away from my multi Apollo setup to another manufacturer.

However, I really enjoy my UAD plugins, so I just purchased a Satellite Octo for my new setup. Today, I installed the UAD software and set it up. Like a dummy, I created a new System in my UAD profile for my Satellite. The problem is, all of my pkuginbs are tied to the old System(the apollos I no longer use). I can't figure out how to fix this...it seems like I have 2 options:

Which is the best/easiest way to do this? How do I do this? I see a transfer request in my account profile, but I can't figure it out. I can't find a customer support line to call either, just a support link.

Thanks.
I think this still requires UA support. Open a ticket with them and they'll get you fixed up.

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Hi,

Thanks.
Be sure to get a ticket open with Support, they'll help. Go to help.uaudio.com, click on the blue Support bot and type “create ticket”

chpaul

I created a ticket yesterday during business hours, still no response. No phone # either to call. I’ve been in the UAD world for almost 5 years, but this is my first experience with customer service.

I can’t explain how frustrating it is that there is nobody to talk to, and that this situation exists at all. I have a username and password, I should be able to do this in my account with just a few clicks. The fact that I need to talk to customer support and can’t even get a hold of them is a problem.

Matt Hepworth

Master of the UADiverse
Forum Admin
I created a ticket yesterday during business hours, still no response. No phone # either to call. I’ve been in the UAD world for almost 5 years, but this is my first experience with customer service.

I can’t explain how frustrating it is that there is nobody to talk to, and that this situation exists at all. I have a username and password, I should be able to do this in my account with just a few clicks. The fact that I need to talk to customer support and can’t even get a hold of them is a problem.
Post your ticket number and maybe @UniversalAudio can help.

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative

Support aims for 48-72 hr response times, and they do not work weekends so look for a reply within that time frame.

chpaul

Wow, 48-72 hours? That’s unacceptable. Especially for those of us who have deadlines. And I created the ticket on a Monday, not a weekend.

I’m a big fan of UAD, and I really hope that customer service can be improved. It seems like 48-72 hours of downtime for this issue is unnecessary. It also seems to me that, since I spent a lot of $ on these plugins over years and years, I should be able to control where they live in my system, and I should also be able to move hardware from system to system.

disappointed.

Over the past few years I imagine UAD’s market share has increased quite a bit , I think phone customer service makes a lot of sense.

UAD Bundle Month