• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

plugin application advice

mch

Final post but i wondered if given the info below anyone can give me any pointers on plugin usage in realtion to the parts.

For mastering a final mix once its eq'ed i am looking for a Vari mu style
'finishing ' device .I know - buy a vari mu but what uad plug can do the same job , glue and creme up a mix .

For drum groups whats the top plugs you would use for compression and limiting ?

has anyone any other pointers on how to best apply the various plugins to various processes.Its just theres so many plugins and i have never used and dont know much about what a neve 429529 is good for against a neve 3221312 and how and pa3 differes froms la4 etc . . . i guess let your ears do the work but this doesnt help purchase choices.My aims a simple one , warm soft rubbery valve like music :) , but what plugs to buy as extras !i like the sound of them all.......

any advice would be cool ( listen to the demos and see ? ) my main focus is a mastering limiter / compressor to add ' that ' vari mu character.

cheers

matt

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
For the Vari-Mue thing, check out the 33609.
It can do a Manley thingy, at gentle settings.
Add a Precision Limiter(in B mode)/ a little eq and you can get pretty close.
What makes the Manley so cool is the way it can smash the sh*t out of something, but still have this HUGE/AGGRESSIVE WEIGHT to the bottom end.
I don't hear that in the 33609, but with some tweaks, can come close.
-S-

Fundy

Established Member
I'm surprised that you never mentioned Fairchild compressor.

UAD Bundle Month