• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Plugin latency in sonar problem

synmoo

Hi guys,

I seem to be having latency issues with a few UAD-1 plugins that is driving me a little wonky. I am using Sonar 5 PE (with the latest VST adapter beta) and when I insert a UAD-1 plugin that introduces latency (e.g. neve 1073, pultech, etc) those tracks are not compensated for, and are out of syn with the rest of the mix. I have to go and freeze/nudge to make it work which is annoying to say the least.

In Sonar, I went into the VST settings and made sure the \"enable delay compensation\" was checked but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Cass Anawaty

Shareholder
I'm not using Sonar 5 (have Sonar 4), but their VST adapter has been plagued with problems for a long time. It caused the same issue you describe in Sequoia, so I feel your pain.

I would look at directxer (I think that's the name of the other one) as an adapter.
Hope that helps,
CAA

cAPSLOCK

CASS???? WOO HOO!! Good to see you.

Cakewalk has an open beta version of the VST adapter out now. It fixes lot's of problems in Sonar. What version are you using? Your report is slightly strange. I have had problems (until this new beta) with the upsampling plugins, but not incorrect latency reporting, just horrible crashes.

cAPS

UAD Bundle Month