• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Pre-UAD HLP REQ: X64 4400+ Neo2, 2G RAM - yet GUTLESS

Joey123

(note - if i get this issue sorted, my Sweetwater sales guy has my very first UAD-1 FlexiPak ready to ship out, also see For Sale forum)

My setup: K8N Neo2, X64 4400+, 2 GIGs matched Corsair DDR400, nVidia MX 4000 vid, 2 Seagate SATA 1 250-gig, RME Fireface 800.

I'm here to aquaint myself with life with UAD(s), and appreciated Jim Roseberry's fine tuning of a very similar setup. I also have that RC3 EasyBIOS installed that was posted here.

The trouble is that my setup is totally lifeless and gutless unless a high-CPU program is running. Say for instance, if I run Winamp or any low CPU program, I get clicks and terrible latency, and I've tried eveything to really run this system lean and mean - unnecisarry Services are turned off etc.

My best diagnostic, I made a \"drumset\" with Autorun Menumaker - a page with buttons and each button triggers a drum or cymbal etc - it was a toy for my neighbors to mess with when they're partying, listening to music.

If I open that .exe the latency when mousing over is almost one second, no matter what my settings. However, if I open up Nuendo and ACID, and my CPU starts kicking in, the drumset latency is very quick.
I tried the MS hotfix described in Jim's post and in my case it didn't work. Also after tinkering with my boot.ini i couldn't see my lean hardware profile at bootup so I scrapped that one and restored my boot.ini code.

In conclusion I don't understand why latency and general processing is terrible unless the system is stressed-out. It's a fire-breathing dragon once it's got a big load going, but this isn't even a minimalistic DAW if this keeps up.

Any help much appreciated, then lets get me that first UAD :)

secretworld

the other programs are not using the asio driver I gues

This is a joke right?
If not, I'm going to have to assume that you have too much money.
Did you program an ASIO driver with your \"button\" program?

Joey123

secretworld: I think you're right, and I'm tinkering to see what's what.

the lewis bros.: I'm a 40 year old musician, a non-traditional student who wants nothing more than to make jingles for a part-time living and make radio ads for the Democrats :D I assure you I don't have too much money and I've made sacrifices others don't have the courage to in order to see if this is my calling.

I don't have my UAD yet and I don't wish to create negative waves, but T Lewis B, I don't understand your cryptic sarcasm - is this the type of answers you get when you have an honest question before taking a financial risk like I am?

UAD Bundle Month