• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Precision EQ adds gain?

Archmart

Hey Hey!

Is this right?

When I take a track that was bounced to disc (in PT LE 7.0) with a Precision Limiter on it set for a max Output of -.3 dB and import that bounce to add a Precision EQ in order to set a HighPass, as soon as I insert the Precision EQ, with none of the EQs engaged, everything flat, my audio peaks. I have to turn it down almost 2dB in order to avoid peaking.

Is that normal, that the Precision EQ, just by inserting, boosts the level?

Thanks,
Archmart

will

Achment said, inserted with nothing activated, and no i havent noticed any gain when inserted but havent tryed a bounce yet.

beubbo

Hey Hey Hey !

Archmart,

May be it could be related to the upsampling thing... Did you tried to insert Cambridge ? If that doesn't make your Master Buss peaking, then insert Pultec instead (as it uses upsampling too) & see if it's the same as with Peq.

Let us know what you'll find out.

Archmart

Good point. I'll try that and post again.

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
Pultec will raise your level by 1.3dB anyway by design.

there's some documentation from Waves that explains it. basically it's something that happens with digital eq. i dont think it has anything to do with upsampling

UAD Bundle Month