• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Problem running old logic tracks on new machine(w/out UAD-1)

The Beatsmith

Hi there

I had my UAD-1 in my g4, everything was fine. I have a g5 pci-e and am waiting for a ua solution.

In the meantime, i am trying to open up my old songs, which i created on the G4, and used UAD-1 plugs.

When i open these songs up, they crash Logic Pro after a short while. Obviously, the first thing i do is delete the UAD-1 plugins from the track. But regardless, it still crashes.

For example, on one track, when i insert another Battery 2 instance, load a kit, then press play, logic will crash and force logic to quit. The error log will point to battery, but there's nothing wrong with battery. It was fine on teh G4, and is fine on the G5 in *new* songs.

When i open another track for example, and get rid of hte uad-1 plugs, and try to insert a vintage warmer, i get a core audio -1 error. I click 'ok', and then try to insert (for example) a Tritone Colourtone Pro, and logic crashes and closes again.

Anyone have a clue what on earth is going on? I've tried changing all sorts of things, and can't get to the root of the problem. I really need to be able to use these tracks, as i don't know how long the wait will be until a PCI-e solution will be available, and have projects waiting. The old tracks i did which didn't use any pci-e plugs work fine.

I can post the crash/error reports if that would help...

Many thanks

Edd

Spec: Powermac g5 pci-e, 2.5gb ram, Logic Pro 7.1.1, OS 10.4.4, all the latest updates for all my plugins and software.

boody

Established Member
Diificult problem; can be a million things. Best workaround is to copy the tracks into a new arrangement and then copy the trackmixer into the new song (through the audio configuration window, or you can copy-paste the whole audiomixer).

goodluck
Budy

peter893

boody said:
Diificult problem; can be a million things. Best workaround is to copy the tracks into a new arrangement and then copy the trackmixer into the new song (through the audio configuration window, or you can copy-paste the whole audiomixer).
Yup. thats what I would do.

It is pretty easy to do it too. Open an new autoload and your old song. select all in the arrange and drag drop or copy paste in to the new autoload.
then like boody says go into audio config window and via the menu copy and paste into the new autoload.
I would also before you do any of the above, create a new autoload.

Peter

The Beatsmith

Hi

I was looking for some way to avoid this, as there's so many songs, and lots of tracks per song, and if you use phatmatik pro or something, everything gets pretty complicated :(

I guess no one has come across this problem before? Everything works fine in new songs. And old songs which didn't use the UAD-1.

Cheers

Edd

boody

Established Member
you can try opening logic with the soundcard disabled pressing ctrl or alt while opening; I'm not at my studio right now but it was something like that (or else:decheck the soundcard in hardware & drivers, close and startup again). Then delete all uad plugs in the problematic songs, save, quit, open up again and reactivate the soundcard.

Do you by any chance use different soundfile formats (i.e. wav and aif) in the same song or battery kit?

goodluck
Budy

UAD Bundle Month