Promises

giles117

IMO should be mixed with more of a pop feel.

giles117

The mix feels too small for the arrangement of the music.......

Hit me IM style and I will be more than happy to elaborate

toystein

not bad for ghost vocals... I'm listening on my headphones and the mix sounds pretty solid. The drums are a focal point and stand up nicely IMO. The power of the drum sequence really came on at the end. Sounds cool.

I think you have room for another instrument, perhaps a lead instrument, something to compliment either the rhythm or the vocals. Sorry to be so vauge, but I'd try experimenting, it feels like somethings missing.

I'm not really into socal comments (lyrics) in music, but you make an excellent point. It seems nobody gives a shit until it's too late, which is sad.

Thanks for the tune!

Toy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/toysteinmusic.htm

mattdean

Hey Toy,

Thanks for the comments. I finished the real vocals and it's much bigger than before. I'll post it when I'm done. I'll play around with your idea. thanks again!

mattdean

Hey there,

Thanks, I'm posting a new mix with the final vocals tonight, so check back.

the clap reverb is Logic's Space Designer. I just started using it and I must say so far I'm impressed. The setting on the clap is simply the default when you open the plug. I liked it!

giles117

Cool be glad to hear it

giles117

IMO the verb on the Lead vocal is to confining sounding.

mattdean

OOPS!! I accidentally bypassed the reverb! :oops:

I guess that would help! thanks for pointing it out. I actually didn't get a chance to listen to it until this afternoon.

I'll fix that and put it up again.
Thanks

bigbaby987

the music mix is good, but the vocals are a little crazy. they're a little overprocessed to me. and the backing voc's are eq'd to harsh. you could afford to roll off some top end in the 8-10k sec. and extend to atleast 200hz. and you can also afford to pull the vocals back just a hair. i don't know if you were going for that 80's tears for fears kinda sounds keep going at it. 8)

mattdean

Oh, stop being a Big Baby!!! :lol:

Thanks for the input. I chuckled when i read your post, because last night, I turned down the lead vocal and roll off the high end on the backgrounds! I couldn't figure out what was making them sound harsh. You have good ears.

The processing on the lead is what i was going for. I wanted a little tension. I hadn't thought of Tears For Fears but you're right it does have that quality about it and I always liked them.

As always i appreciate all the input. i think it's time to put this puppy to rest.

http://www.mattdean.com/promises.mp3

bigbaby987

matt!! we're getting somewhere!! you could still afford to pull your bg voc's back about 2db. you could even buss some eighth note delay in there to give you some of that big sound you're looking for. this will let your mains shine a little more. the other is the percussion...it sounds great at the end but not really cutting through. you may just want it to keep momentum. but if not, you can boost the 5k area just a hair and pass the 100hz. it's up to you but it think are really on your way to a great mix. the other thing was you didn't just want vocals and music to end cold. that would be extremely powerful-you know holding that last note until the end. plus, if you put the \"choir handclaps\" in there at the end to give it that last added push for dynamics. well written good song on the way to being great!!

mattdean

Hey, thanks. I will give your suggestions a try. I was going to start a new tune today, but got delayed, so one more run through certainly can't hurt.

BTW, the hand claps are on the last hit. I actually, faded the music and kept the perc going on purpose. It's an anthem and I want to give that tribal feeling which was always about the drums.

thanks again, i will let you know how it works out.

giles117

Hmm you have a real short delay?? Hmmm the only other thing is the color of your verb it doesnt really match the color of your track. other wise it's much bigger noe. I'd Bring up that pad a touch more ( a db or so.)

But the track feels much better. My other comment would be to bring the BGV up a db or so just to give it a touch mor epresence in the mix.

these are very subtle changes i am making to provide more energy in the track. :)

UAD Bundle Month