• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

ProTools 7 Upgrade PLUS

Archmart

Hey Hey!

I'm looking at upgrading my Mbox (due to the whole white noise thing, a need for more inputs, etc.) to a 002R, which will come with ProTools LE 7, but if I buy ProTools LE 7 now... they're offering this PLUS option for $99.00 that includes any Two of the following RTAS plugs...

Pultec Bundle
DINR LE
Slightly Rude Compressor
Smack! LE
Synchronic

Now of course, owning a UAD-1 UltraPak, I've no need for the Pultec Bundle and not too much interest in Synchronic as I don't do much of that kind of thing and, if I did, I'd want to go with something a little more 'industry standard'.

DINR LE might be helpful as Noise Reduction can come in very handy, but I might also be buying PEAK and getting a bundle that includes SoundSoap.

Which leaves Slightly Rude Compressor and Smack! LE. But having UA's 1176 and LA-2A, what would be the point?

Has anyone any thoughts on why any of these might be useful in some way that would complement the UAD-1 line and not just be redundant...

Thanks,
Archmart

Archmart

Hey Hey!

And on a similar note... how about the Digi 'Producer Factory (or Factory Pro) Bundles...

I'm always looking for good deals on ways to improve my collection of plugs, but there really isn't that much to gain there, considering what UA's already doing for me...

Any thoughts?

Archmart

Producer Factory Bundle:

Moogerfooger Analog Delay
JOEMEEK Meequalizer VC-5
JOEMEEK SC-2 Photo Optical Compressor
Cosmonaut Voice
Digidesign Maxim

Producer Factory Pro Bundle:
The Producer Factory Pro bundle includes all of the Producer Factory plug-ins plus the following mix of classic-sounding and modern effects.

Bomb Factory BF-3A Classic Compressor
Digidesign D-Fi
Tel-Ray Variable Delay
SansAmp PSA-1
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Voce Spin
Voce Chorus/Vibrato

HotRats

I've made the plus upgrade choosing Smak!LE and Synchronic.

Smak!LE with his 3 compressor types (one of them is optical), side chain with \"eq\", control of harmonic distrorsion and PT7 rtas optimization
I think it is a great and useful tool.

You know, compressors are never enough.
I suggest you to get it.

I've choosed synchronic because I don't have that kind of tools
so...i thought this could be a great occasion to get one for \"free\".
I think I'll nearly never use it :)

Archmart

Hey Hey!

Yeh... that looks pretty sweet...

...but I believe that something else is coming out in the LE line that will surpass it. I don't have any real inside info, other than the mere fact of how this M-Audio hardware is kicking LE's butt and a couple of sales guys agreeing with me that I SHOULDN'T buy an 002R or 002 from them right now. :)

So I'm doing all I can to hold off on the upgrade, and thus all the more tempted by the LE 7 upgrade in the meantime. :)

Archmart

Archmart said:
Hey Hey!

And on a similar note... how about the Digi 'Producer Factory (or Factory Pro) Bundles...

I'm always looking for good deals on ways to improve my collection of plugs, but there really isn't that much to gain there, considering what UA's already doing for me...

Any thoughts?

Archmart

Producer Factory Bundle:

Moogerfooger Analog Delay
JOEMEEK Meequalizer VC-5
JOEMEEK SC-2 Photo Optical Compressor
Cosmonaut Voice
Digidesign Maxim

Producer Factory Pro Bundle:
The Producer Factory Pro bundle includes all of the Producer Factory plug-ins plus the following mix of classic-sounding and modern effects.

Bomb Factory BF-3A Classic Compressor
Digidesign D-Fi
Tel-Ray Variable Delay
SansAmp PSA-1
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Voce Spin
Voce Chorus/Vibrato
Don't bother with any of 'em other than the D-Fi and Voce Spin. Spin is pretty remarkable, it's cousing Chorus/Vibrato is so so. Spion is the best Leslie emu. The trick is in the automation parameters.

D-Fi is fine, although for free, I could argue that the Ohmforce Frohmage is better.

The Joemeek and the Moogerfooger plugins make me sad. Soooo bad sounding. BF3A is a cruel joke. If you already have the BF76, you have a lifetime of muddy, hollow sounding compression at your disposal.

The Sansamp, maybe on a slow day you could use it.

Hate to rag on anyone's stuff so much, but I've used it.

Save your money for the McDsp LE bundle. The LE versions of those things are quite useable, and will actually yield better sound.

UAD Bundle Month