• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Purchase canceled

AndreD

Hi, I am a Luna user since a bit more than a month now.

Just upgraded to the LUNA Pro and I was quite happy with the sound and the package BEFORE I got it, that its not working without an internet connection.
So I asked the support if there is a way to cancel the LUNA Pro purchase because I don't want a software that cannot start without an internet connection.

BUT, the support canceled my purchase directly, so when I came back to my studio I could not finish any of my current productions.
Dear UAD Support, that's NOT RIGHT!

I was NOT AKSIKG FOR A DIRECT canceling of my LUNA Pro purchase, I asked if there is a way to return it.

Please fix this problem ASAP, I want at lease finish the current mixes!!!

AndreD

I consider it to be abusive to cancel a purchase without a direct request and thus destroy over a month's work!!!
To be honst, I was quite shocked when Luna was starting with all the plugins and extensions disabled..
How can they do this???

rjjuly

I'm not sure to whom you are directing this post - this is a user forum and has no official relationship to UA. That said...

@UniveralAudio - Would you be able to help Andre? Would he need to raise a ticket as a point of reference?

- RIchard

AndreD

So you just want to "borrow it" until your done and then get your money back ?
Well, for me its almost scam to sell a software that is not working without a steady internet connection..
At least, when hiding this restriction while purchasing.
I am traveling a lot and I am also doing recordings on the go, sometimes in nature..
So with the need of having an internet connection just to be abled to start Luna, the product makes no sense to me..

AndreD

I'm not sure to whom you are directing this post - this is a user forum and has no official relationship to UA. That said...

@UniveralAudio - Would you be able to help Andre? Would he need to raise a ticket as a point of reference?

- RIchard
Thanks for letting me know!
(I thought it was the official UA forum)

Nyoak34

Established Member
Well, for me its almost scam to sell a software that is not working without a steady internet connection..
At least, when hiding this restriction while purchasing.
I am traveling a lot and I am also doing recordings on the go, sometimes in nature..
So with the need of having an internet connection just to be abled to start Luna, the product makes no sense to me..
Pretty sure if you get an iLok USB and you won't need an internet connection.

AndreD

So you just want to "borrow it" until your done and then get your money back ?
Well, I used the demo for a month, then after starting a few projects I decided to move to Luna.
Just a few days after Luna was not working because I had no internet connection and I found out, that that's way to uncertain for me..

Nyoak34

Established Member
I'm sure it was a miscommunication and they'll get it sorted. I just don't see a need to be calling it abusive and such. Though I don't think they're going to be too keen on activating your licenses and then refunding them a second time so I'd state your intentions clearly when you contact them.

AndreD

I'm sure it was a miscommunication and they'll get it sorted. I just don't see a need to be calling it abusive and such. Though I don't think they're going to be too keen on activating your licenses and then refunding them a second time so I'd state your intentions clearly when you contact them.
Well, but it is abusive..
If someone just cuts you off from your work?
I just came back to bounce a track for an artist just to see that someone took away my licences and I cannot deliver the track..

Bear-Faced Cow

Hall of Fame Member
Well, but it is abusive..
If someone just cuts you off from your work?
I just came back to bounce a track for an artist just to see that someone took away my licences and I cannot deliver the track..
No, it’s not abusive. You’re more a victim of your own circumstances. You weren’t abused.

You contacted them asking how to cancel. Without properly stating that you are simply wondering, it is interpreted an implied request to cancel.

Even more so was the fact you did so mid project.

You could have asked to help solve your problem instead.

jord

Joe Porto

Hall of Fame Member
Sure I was thinking about to get one just for Luna, but then, they just canceled my purchase in the middle of a production..
Did you purchase LUNA before 11/9/23?

According to UA release notes, after that date LUNA includes 3 iLok licenses and you can authorize to machine. Maybe just repurchase and authorize on your machine? No ilok, no internet necessary.

Maybe that's what support figured you could do? Cancel your previous order so you can repurchase with the additional iLok options?

Version 1.5.0
November 9, 2023

Download This Version

New
  • Host Computer Licensing
    • As of November 9th (with LUNA 1.5), new LUNA licenses support three simultaneous iLok USB and host computer authorization locations.
    • Existing LUNA license locations are unchanged, but will transition over the next several months.

AndreD

No, it’s not abusive. You’re more a victim of your own circumstances. You weren’t abused.

You contacted them asking how to cancel. Without properly stating that you are simply wondering, it is interpreted an implied request to cancel.

Even more so was the fact you did so mid project.

You could have asked to help solve your problem instead.

jord
Well, I asked if there is a way to cancel, not to cancel right away..
But I just replaced the missing tapes with Tape Face, the summing with the Lindell 80 Bus and I am quite happy with the result..
Will continue with Luna (non pro), but not going to any dongle or cloud restriction..
The idea of owning a paid software but not being able to use it because there is just no internet connection for the moment is stupid..

I was already thinking about to move to an apollo, but not anymore..

AndreD

Did you purchase LUNA before 11/9/23?

According to UA release notes, after that date LUNA includes 3 iLok licenses and you can authorize to machine. Maybe just repurchase and authorize on your machine? No ilok, no internet necessary.

Maybe that's what support figured you could do? Cancel your previous order so you can repurchase with the additional iLok options?

Version 1.5.0
November 9, 2023

Download This Version

New
  • Host Computer Licensing
    • As of November 9th (with LUNA 1.5), new LUNA licenses support three simultaneous iLok USB and host computer authorization locations.
    • Existing LUNA license locations are unchanged, but will transition over the next several months.
Well this sounds really promising but the support never told me about this, they just said without owning an ilk dongle, you need to be online while launching Luna..

Deif

Venerated Member
Well this sounds really promising but the support never told me about this, they just said without owning an ilk dongle, you need to be online while launching Luna..
Maybe Drew @UniversalAudio can confirm that the LUNA machine licensing is in fact operational for new LUNA licenses.
Just the LUNA app can be machine authorized. Their Luna Pro extensions still won't work without an internet connection or an iLok key.

AndreD

Indeed, it is just the app that machine authed
Thank you for the info!
So I will continue to use Luna but instead of using LUNA Pro, more UA plugins and maybe an Apollo in the near future, I will just continue with my PA plugins and leave the tape and summing slots blank..

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
Thank you for the info!
So I will continue to use Luna but instead of using LUNA Pro, more UA plugins and maybe an Apollo in the near future, I will just continue with my PA plugins and leave the tape and summing slots blank..
The LUNA Pro Bundle is just a bundle of extensions and plugins.

UAD Bundle Month