• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Question about PCI + Express UAD Card

BängBäng

Hello guys,

theres something that i don't understand enough. I own two UAD PCI Cards with several Plugins. My MoBo only has one free slot left. It is PCI EXPRESS. Now i'd like to buy a third UAD , especially a UAD Expert PAK.
Now comes the part that i am unsure. Is it right that I can run all these three UAD Cards together and can use my licenses from the UAD PCI also on the PCI Express card? And do i get a bonus 250$ upgrade vocheur also because i already own a PCI Card? Still when i am holding this card?
All in all, this should result in 2 3 UAD Cards and 1000$ vocheur for buying new plugs! Is that right? :?:

Fundy

Established Member
How it works is, you can buy as many UAD cards as you can feasibly afford. However the license for each plug-in only works in the one hardware group of 4 cards, these can be mixed.

The electronic voucher allows you add extra plug-ins as they are released. So in effect, you only need to copy the license details over to tne new hardware and the plug-ins will work on all of them.

So your $100 voucher can be used towards any new plug-ins that get released. I'm not sure if you can redeem money by using the voucher, either way your quids in.

BängBäng

ok thanks.
I know i get a 750$ vocheur. There's an extra 250$ vocheur when I buy an express card and already own a PCI card. but is this 250% extra still worth when i keep my pci card?

billybk1

Shareholder
I had (2) PCI cards for years, in my old DAW. I recently (several months ago) built a new DAW (E 6300 Core 2 Duo/P5B-E). In addtion to the PCIe video slot, the P5B has (3) PCI & (3) PCIe slots for further expansion.
I added my exisiting (2) PCI cards & then added (2) more PCIe Express Paks giving me (4) total UAD-1 cards on the MB. What I did not use, from all my \"cross-grade\", \"multi-card\" & in-box vouchers ($600), to purchase the Neve plugin bundle I still have in my UA web account (since they don't expire).
The combination of PCI & PCIe cards works very well together and I have had no problems. All my authorized UAD-1 plugins (I now have all of them) can be used across all (4) cards.

I still have $274 UA bucks in my account. I am hoping UA's next plugin release is a good one. I am itching to purchase another plugin, since I still have UA vouchers to burn. :wink:

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
BängBäng said:
ok thanks.
I know i get a 750$ vocheur. There's an extra 250$ vocheur when I buy an express card and already own a PCI card. but is this 250% extra still worth when i keep my pci card?
Yes.

BängBäng

Thx guys! That makes me happy, I think there will be a third UAD soon. I hope they will release the MEGA SUPER Plug in march :p

UAD Bundle Month