• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Remote controlling UAD plugins?

aevan

Hi everyone,
is anybody using a controller that can controll parameters on the uad plugins? I'm on cubase sx3 and it has track lanes where you can automate all the parameters for the UAD plugs, but is there a controller like the mackie or the tascam that can control the uad plugs parameters from a v-pot? I am currently using mackie d8b hui - it can control the native channel strip eq's, but not the insert plugins.
THanks

AE

Dan Duskin

Established Member
The Mackie Control stuff will... but it's useless, because the parameter names are limited to 6 characters, and UA did nothing to make them understandable in this regard (like some other plugin makers do)... plus, you have to switch pages in locations that don't make any logical sense... for example, page one for Cambridge has all the high-pass and low freq stuff except turning the low freq on/off, you have to go to page 2 for that, and then everything is offset by one, followed by an offset of 2 by page 3, etc... it's ridiculous!

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
I use a Behringer BCR2000 as a generic remote controller in Nuendo and it works very nicely. It doesn't have an LCD screen, but you can make presets mapping the controls the way you like/how they look on the GUI etc., so that's not really an issue.

Koisan

2nd that - I have a BCF 2000 operated in Mackie emulation mode and it works a charm. One needs to get used to the scrolling/paging from one parameter to the next, but for the cost of the Behringer stuff - who can complain?

hey akis I try in generic remote (with the evolution keyboardsjust to see) i'ts work great but there is a big problem because I never know before if I use Cambridge EQ on insert 1 or 2 or 3, if I use compressor before EQ etc...
for what i understand U have to make presets for each plug & for each Insert !!!!!! :eek:
let's say 10 plugs for 8 insert position it's 80 presets !!!!! :eek: :eek:
because I wanna buy the tascam US 2400 there is now a generic remote option for the v spot and I don't want deal with 10 page to EQ the bass & the treble like the mackie or Houston (I use before) it's more quick with the mouse !
let me know how do you manage your BCR in generic with insert plug

Akis

Due to the limitations you described, I've programmed my compressor templates for slot 3 and EQ ones for slot 4, as I almost always use them in that order. In the rare case I want to use EQ->Comp, I just use the trackball... :wink:

akis why U leave insert 1 & 2 empty or did U use it for other effects ?

Akis

Due to Steinberg's idea of how a modern DAW should be ( :arrow: no draggable inserts), I put my standard plugs (comp/eq) in slots 3-4, leaving 2 pre-fader slots before them and 2 after them empty for other FX.

Studioman

Akis said:
Due to Steinberg's idea of how a modern DAW should be ( :arrow: no draggable inserts), I put my standard plugs (comp/eq) in slots 3-4, leaving 2 pre-fader slots before them and 2 after them empty for other FX.
That is a great idea! I am going to also start doing that! Having the first two empty does nothing to processing (since they are turned off), right?

StudioTM

Akis

Studioman said:
Akis said:
That is a great idea! I am going to also start doing that! Having the first two empty does nothing to processing (since they are turned off), right?
Right, empty slots don't affect the signal in any way.

knave

Sorry to ressurect this thread but...

I'd like to 'play' the RE201 with my Korg Kontrol 49.
I can Remote Control Sonar's faders and knobs.
I can control UAD plugin parameters with Envelopes.
But I can't find a way of controlling the UAD plugs parameters with my controller keyboard.

Does anyone know a way of doing this please?

TIA
Dave

UAD Bundle Month