• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Remove the HRRRRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSss goddamnit

pony down

hi yall im new in here so big up to everybody.
its a pleasure to be amongst uad users..

I got problem that i cant fix..
And no i cant do it in the mix..

Heres my setup

dual 1.8 G5. Mbox, ableton live v5 and Uad studiopack..
My prob. is one big white noise hissing sound that comes up really really loud, when the uad meter hits around 60-70%. this also occoured to me using logic express..really embarressing while sitting with a customer..
anyways the problem stop when i switch to build-in-audio..question is
well have anybody else experienced this and is it a bug with Uad or digidesign (i use the latest driver for 10.4.2.)
thanx

Trace

There must be something going on with the Mbox. Are you using the latest drivers for the Mbox? The problem has to be between the Mbox and UAD-1. Is this UAD-1 vs4.0?

I'm not having any issues at all with my G5 and a Firewire O1X under SX3 3.01 and OSX 10.3.9. Until i'm sure there aren't any bugs I'm still using older versions of both SX and OSX. I've only updated UAD-1 to vs 4.0 and MLan drivers for my O1X. My point is to be careful about updating things on a working system.

DYB?

M-Box crap

Hello,
Sorry to say, this is a known problem with the Digidesign M-Box (http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2004/may/ ... tent1.html
M-box Distortion. This is a known Digidesign issue posted on their forums stating that on both G4 and G5 systems, at random times the Mbox will output a static or white noise at high volume levels
I was running Pro Tools on a G5 through an MBOX and would consistently get the white noise outburst every time I instanced 3 UAD plug-ins. I have had many bad experiences with the USB protocol and no longer trust it for more than handling my keyboard, mouse, and ilok dongle. Through the Digidesign Hardware exchange program, I traded my MBOX for a Digi 002r which is on the Firewire 400 bus, while my RME FireFace 800 and Maxtor One Touch II are on the Firewire 800 bus. I would recommend updating your Digidesign Hardware not just because of this issue, but overall performance will recieve a noticeable boost when running Pro Tools on a non-USB Digidesign Interface. I got really sick of the random \"CPU Usage is holding off USB audio..\" messages and all the other random wierd errors. Ofcourse if you would rather use Logic, there are many other Audio Interfaces you can consider.

Diki Ross

Aight Thanx............... would have been sufficient, pony.

Perhaps this IS how you talk when you join a room full of audio professionals with perhaps greater experience, maybe you even talk to clients that way, too.

Wouldn't recommend it, though

tuf

Diki Ross said:
Aight Thanx............... would have been sufficient, pony.

Perhaps this IS how you talk when you join a room full of audio professionals with perhaps greater experience, maybe you even talk to clients that way, too.

Wouldn't recommend it, though
It seems appropriate considering the title of this thread. Hey at least he took the time to thank the guy, even if he also made his displeasure with the reality of the answer known.

UAD Bundle Month