• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Reverb Preference?

cking

Hey all!

I am considering dumping my Powercore MKII - I like TC's reverbs but that is about it. Thinking of buying another UAD-1 card which I use for everything else...so my question is this. The verbs that UA offers I am sure are pretty nice (I have Real Verb and that is decent) but there are quite a few choices that most people have nothing but good to say, like Altiverb for example.

I am on a Mac so please limit it to Mac compatible verbs...

I know this is like asking what color to you like but what reverb would you say makes what ever you put it on stand out and improve the mix? CPU efficient? Flexible? If you like the UA verbs, which one do you use most?

Looking forward to seeing what you all think.

Thanks

zed

I don't have the Plate 140, but I have tried it. Sounded good right away, very smooth (doesn't have that digital shrill, IMO).
But taking UAD-DSP and the IK promo (mothhs ago) into consideration , I went for the CSR: 4 reverb types, each very tweakable to the most minute setting. All the reverb that I need, which isn't much anyway.

Yiannis

UAD:

Dreamverb for ambience

Plate 140 on everything

Non UAD
CSR +1

Macc

Established Member
Plate 140 is gorgeous.

That in combination with a convolution verb and Cubase's RoomWorks for run-of the mill stuff.

OH

And RE-201's spring too - bang signals in hard and have a fair mid-range eq cut after and it is nice...

lhama

Plate 140 as my main verb on everything...Love at first sight
201 for that Spoing spring verb

CSR +2. Great verb with a lot of options
AAR to get bigger and weirder verbs. Great for that \"Hello I am a very BIG Reverb\".

SIR with the great IR's from noisevault. I'm considering Altiverb.....

Somehow Dreamverb got lost in all of that.... :oops:
I never use it anymore.

G

Wizoo W2 and 5 are great!!!
So is the Plate from UAD.

Another great one is AltiVerb.
SIR is only great with high quality impulses. So if you have those, SIR is a good and free option. Although I have to admit that I didn't look at SIR2 yet 8)

G

Might be, but it's still a wonderful verb and since I got at a very good price, I don't mind :lol:
Isn't it from Digidesign now I think :?:

lonestar

I'm an old, satisfied UAD user, I love the 140 Plate, but when I need some natural sounding halls, rooms or ambiences I always find myself switching to the VSS3 reverb on my PowerCore.

First class algorithms for a first class sound, IMHO, and the main big reason for me to keep the PoCo in my PC.

A bit pricey, though... about 350€/500$, but worth every cent.

My two EuroCents (much more valuable than two DollarCents, these days!) :wink:

lonestar

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
moffdnb said:
Don't yall rate REALVERB PRO?
It was heralded when it was first released (something like 10 years ago) but it really doesn't stand up to even many free reverbs these days, let alone the Plate 140, VSS3, et al.

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
lonestar said:
I'm an old, satisfied UAD user, I love the 140 Plate, but when I need some natural sounding halls, rooms or ambiences I always find myself switching to the VSS3 reverb on my PowerCore.
+1. It's obviously not the answer cking wants to hear but I haven't found anything to replace it yet. I'd probably check out the PCM96 if a VSS3 plug-in didn't exist. A Kurzweil Rumour would be great, too, and should integrate nearly as well as the PCM96 with a little work.

marQs

Shareholder
Eric Dahlberg said:
moffdnb said:
Don't yall rate REALVERB PRO?
It was heralded when it was first released (something like 10 years ago) but it really doesn't stand up to even many free reverbs these days, let alone the Plate 140, VSS3, et al.
It's useful here and there, and it's a 'free reverb' too. RV pro can create very nice short ambiences, often use it when I need to save dsp for more.

Big Harpe

I still think my DS2416 (DSP Factory) card delivers the best sounding reverb and delay- to my ears anyway. Even Classicverb & Plate 140 don't sound nearly as good. This is an old soundcard, but every time I think of letting it go it keeps sounding better and better. Maybe my ears are not that good but the tails seem long and full. I can't qualify the sound beyond my own opinion though, so take this view for what it's worth.

lnerell

djsynchro said:
I really want a PoCo - for the reverbs so I would say keep it.
I have a poco and I would agree. Get the VSS2, NonLin2 and DVR2 and use your poco as a dedicated verb card. I prefer TC's verbs over the UAD1's, not that thier is anything wrong with them, just my preference.

UAD Bundle Month