• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Roland CE-1 Mono Track Problem

Tungsten

When I open a project with the CE-1 on a Mono track I get a really loud squelching sound for about 2 seconds. If I put the CE-1 on any of the stereo tracks I don't get this sound. Any ideas?

TIA,
Tungsten

PC Specs:
=======
Asus A8V-Deluxe (rev.2)
AMD X2 4400+
2GB Corsair XMS Ram
(4) UAD-1 Cards [in MAGMA Chassis] (using 4.1 drivers)
(2) RME Digiface Cards
Nuendo 3.2

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
Cannot confirm this at all.
Nuendo 3.2, CE-1 on a mono track with Bass Guitar.
No Noise.
same host, same song, same plug in stereo track (sitars) still no noises.

Akis

Sadly, left this world before his time.
He's talking about a mono and a stereo track within the same song, not Tungsten's song. :wink:

Tungsten

It only happens when I'm opening the project, after that the plugin seems to work just fine. I've tried putting the plugin onto other mono tracks and I get the same problem, but when I put it onto a stereo track it doesn't make the sound. It is possible that this is part a a larger problem I seem to be having with my system...clicks & pops, wierd sounds and system freezes but I wanted to see if this was different problem.

Thanks,

Tungsten.

neil wilkes

Venerated Member
What buffer sizes are you running here?

Tungsten

It's happening at any buffer setting I try...I've tried 128 (3ms), 256 (6ms), 512 (12ms), 1024 (23ms), & 2048 (46ms).

Tungsten

I think I found out what was causing this so I thought I'd post a follow up in case someone else has the same problem or wants to try duplicating it.

This is all in Nuendo w/ the RME Digiface Cards:

-I have the Roland CE-1 on a mono track (problem doesn't show up on stereo tracks)
-I have the UAD Precision Multiband Compressor on the main \"Output Bus\" (BUS 1) [this is the important part, if I strap the PMBC onto a normal Group I don't get the problem...it has to be on the actual Output of the soundcard]
-After saving the project and re-opening it I get a crazy stuttering sound for about 1-2 seconds (it only happens when opening the project)

HTH...Thanks,
Tungsten

PC Specs:
=======
Asus A8V-Deluxe (rev.2)
AMD X2 4400+
2GB Corsair XMS Ram
(4) UAD-1 Cards [in MAGMA Chassis] (using 4.1 drivers)
(2) RME Digiface Cards
Nuendo 3.2

I can confirm this as well. Using CE-1 in stereo in Sonar 4.04 all is well. Switching the tract to MONO will crash Sonar consistantly.

sj_digriz

Hard_At_Work said:
I can confirm this as well. Using CE-1 in stereo in Sonar 4.04 all is well. Switching the tract to MONO will crash Sonar consistantly.
This doesn't confirm his problem at all. He has a problem when it is on a MONO track, not from switching a track from Stereo to Mono. The problem is an early feedback caused by a compressor later in the chain, whcih doesn't cause a crash. And finally he is using Nuendo and not CW.

Other than that you have exactly the same problem :roll:

UAD Bundle Month