Ruby - Unity Gain Between Bypass and Preset Modes?

PeterMorgan

Just bought a Ruby and am using it as a pedal between my amp and guitar. My problem is that I can't achieve unity gain with. presets. That is, when I play I can match volume between the bypass and "live" settings, no problem, but when I go to "presets", for most presets the volume almost doubles in bypass. Any advice on how to achieved a better balance between both bypass and preset modes without having to adjust volume every time I switch from live to preset?

Last edited:

PeterMorgan

Thanks for the link but the firmware update is not for the Ruby. The intensity of some presets is much greater than others so I'm thinking the volume boost may be accounted for in that way. Still, it would be nice to be able to go from high gain to clean levels without making major volume adjustments.

okcomputer

Thanks for the link but the firmware update is not for the Ruby. The intensity of some presets is much greater than others so I'm thinking the volume boost may be accounted for in that way. Still, it would be nice to be able to go from high gain to clean levels without making major volume adjustments.
This is an unfortunate annoyance with these pedals. What I've had to do multiple times is modify my preset by changing the output volume and then save it again so that it matches my live setting.

UAD Bundle Month