SC1 vs Sphere

Bogmonster

I have tried the Sphere DLX and really liked it a lot. Probably my favorite vocal mic of what I've tried (haven't used the very fancy mics it models) - BUT its stereo and to my ear, the Sphere DLX needs the plugin to sound right (even if not modeling). I'd actually prefer a mono mic to use with the outboard gear I've gotten over the years and wanted to know fi the new SC1 modeling condenser mic was comparable in sound. UA help said they are different capsules (but I saw a UA rep on a forum say they were the same capsule - confusing). Has anyone been able to compare the SC1 to the Sphere mics? Thanks for any info!

UniversalAudio

Official UA Representative
I have tried the Sphere DLX and really liked it a lot. Probably my favorite vocal mic of what I've tried (haven't used the very fancy mics it models) - BUT its stereo and to my ear, the Sphere DLX needs the plugin to sound right (even if not modeling). I'd actually prefer a mono mic to use with the outboard gear I've gotten over the years and wanted to know fi the new SC1 modeling condenser mic was comparable in sound. UA help said they are different capsules (but I saw a UA rep on a forum say they were the same capsule - confusing). Has anyone been able to compare the SC1 to the Sphere mics? Thanks for any info!
I think you'd be more than pleased with the SC1.

It's basically "half" a Sphere. Same capsule and VERY similar circuits.

UAD Bundle Month