• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

-Sighs- Demo Period/Card Time Problem

Hi Guys,

So the deal is I purchased an unregistered card awhile back (my first card) as it was a good deal. Initially I had no access to the demo periods on the card & after doing a little research it became evident that the previous owner had attempted some method of the \"unlimited demo period\" hack (or whatever it's considered). Now after coming to terms & just gritting & bearing with it, I finally decided to upgrade to 2 cards. Now, I was excited about finally being able to try out the demo period, i also had a new PC built (carillon) & had them install both cards.

The issue is that every time I open a UAD plugin or the meter I get a message telling me I must set the time back to the original time for the first card, but upon changing the system time I now get the message for the apposing card.

It is quite frustrating & I truly hope that my only option is to either buy another card to swap out the first card or purchase every UAD plugin I care to try.

If anyone has any info or solution to this it would be most appreciated. Thank you all in advance for a great forum nonetheless. All the best.

DTS.

Hi Macc & thank you for the kind welcome. I'm afraid I have not as of yet as my track record with companies replying successfully to emails is quite poor & I've seen the companies moderators post replies here quite frequently & of course the added benefit of getting the input of users who may have had this problem first hand. But I shall give it a shot. Thanks again.

PaulB

Hi DTS,

I can't agree more with the above post.
I had those problems when installing v 4.7.
I emailed UA support and they provided me with a few files to set back
the ROM time and a restart for the demo's. (Thanks Ned ! )

Great service indeed !

Greets
Paul

UAD Bundle Month