• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

    Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

    Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

    1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

    2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

    Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

    Lastly, please be respectful.

Sonar 6.2 and UAD-1

tkingen

Active Member
People on the Cakewalk forum are reporting the CPU munching problem resolved with the 6.2 update. Can anyone here confirm this?
 

ZION357

Member
tkingen said:
People on the Cakewalk forum are reporting the CPU munching problem resolved with the 6.2 update. Can anyone here confirm this?
No munching here! I confirm.......
 

tkingen

Active Member
ZION357 said:
tkingen said:
People on the Cakewalk forum are reporting the CPU munching problem resolved with the 6.2 update. Can anyone here confirm this?
No munching here! I confirm.......
Hooray! I just ordered my S6PE upgrade. So glad I didn't jump ship for another DAW.
 

billybk1

Shareholder
Well, I can say projects that exhibited the native CPU munch in SONAR 6.01 don't anymore in SONAR 6.2. To me that is worth the update all by itself. :wink: Of course, there are a lot of other nice improvements & enhancements as well, really love those X-ray windows.
 

ZION357

Member
billybk1 said:
Well, I can say projects that exhibited the native CPU munch in SONAR 6.01 don't anymore in SONAR 6.2. To me that is worth the update all by itself. :wink: Of course, there are a lot of other nice improvements & enhancements as well, really love those X-ray windows.
Yeh! 6.2 is awesome! Many added features and fixes. Solid is golden!
Rock solid that is! :D
 

imdrecordings

Venerated Member
Munching has died down, some what... I still get a CPU munch at 81% here and there, but a disable/enable of the UAD-1 Meter takes care of that. The update has done the program a world of good.

But one thing.....
Has Sonar always made a snapping sound, when you move the cursor around, on playback? hmmm.. kind of anoying. It does it at whatever buffer setting. :?
 

yaknski

Member
I have been reluctant to upgrade from Sonar 5 PE to 6 having read the problems with UAD-1 users on this forum and at Cakewalk's forum.

Cakewalk's forum today shows still alot of folks (non UAD-1 user's) having trouble with Sonar 6.2.

After the err-21 bugs that I / we experienced with Sonar 5 (before the bug fix), I've been a real prude at changing anything now that my system is stable. However, I don't want to miss out on anything.

Is Sonar 6 PE worthy of upgrading to and has V6.2 really solved issues with UAD-1 users? I'm really happy right now w/ Sonar 5 PE.

I really appreciate your feedback.
 

ZION357

Member
imdrecordings said:
Munching has died down, some what... I still get a CPU munch at 81% here and there, but a disable/enable of the UAD-1 Meter takes care of that. The update has done the program a world of good.

But one thing.....
Has Sonar always made a snapping sound, when you move the cursor around, on playback? hmmm.. kind of anoying. It does it at whatever buffer setting. :?
No snapping sound and no error at all.

Possibly System related.
 

Qwerty

Member
No snapping noise here either. Try updating your video drivers.

Sonar v6 is, in my opinion, a big improvement functionally over Sonar v5. So said, I still prefer the v5 interface, X-ray windows notwithstanding.

Ciao,

Q.
 

datadog

New Member
All CPU munching seems to have vanished with UAD & Sonar 6.2 on my system. Seems rock solid now.
No audio snapping, either. I've never had that. Make sure your video card isn't hogging bus cycles.

datadog
 
UAD Bundle Month
Top