• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Sonoma 14.4: Don't do it!

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
Ouch. Why does Apple break stuff when they put out a new OS? I'll stay put, I'm good.

Neotrope

Established Member
Apple method: skip 14.4 wait for 14.4.1 or 14.4.2

slamthecrank

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm. I've got my laptop on the latest Sonoma and haven't had any issues with plugins.

Sometimes, depending, you'll need to open your DAW of choice in rosetta mode first after a major update (if some plugins aren't Apple Silicon ready).

Maybe try that?

Delete prefs, etc?

David MacNeill

Established Member
Yeah in the meantime I'm dead in the water. I tried to restore to last night's backup and the damn thing wouldn't let me! I and going to start using venerable SuperDuper to clone my main drive from now on. Time Machine is really only useful for restoring individual files and folders.

slamthecrank

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah in the meantime I'm dead in the water. I tried to restore to last night's backup and the damn thing wouldn't let me! I and going to start using venerable SuperDuper to clone my main drive from now on. Time Machine is really only useful for restoring individual files and folders.
You can't boot from a clone drive anymore, if that's what you're thinking of... ☹

David MacNeill

Established Member
Hmm. I've got my laptop on the latest Sonoma and haven't had any issues with plugins.

Sometimes, depending, you'll need to open your DAW of choice in rosetta mode first after a major update (if some plugins aren't Apple Silicon ready).

Maybe try that?

Delete prefs, etc?
I didn't think of that. I'll try Logic's Rosetta mode. Which prefs should I nuke? Logic's?

JamesSteele

You're using Logic? I have M1 Max Mac Studio and update to 14.4 today (attempting to fix a graphic bug involved Digital Performer and Console 1) and haven't had any problems. When you say "hosed" what do you mean? It's not my primary DAW, but I have Logic 10.8.1 and I just launched it (for first time after updating to Sonoma 14.4) and it scanned plugs and didn't have any issues. Just added an instance of UADx Hitsville Chambers on a track and no issues. Re: Softube plugins, Console 1 is working here for me. Can you tell me the names of a few of the UADx or Softube plugs that are giving you issues and I can check here?

JamesSteele

This may or may not help, but I did see that Softube just updated a whole bunch of their plugs recently to v 2.5.81. Might run the Softube Central app and see if you have the latest, although earlier when I said I didn't have any issues I was using the older versions.

FutureLegends

No issues here in LUNA on a Mac Studio M1 Max and Sonoma 14.4...

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
That really sucks, and it's the one thing I dislike about Mac. WAY back in the day, it wasn't much different. They'd "update" and it would break $%^$. People rag on windows, but that is not likely the case with that OS. I hate it. And I'm sorry you are having this issue.

Marshall K

LiquidSonics sent this mail today:

”Multiple reports are beginning to come in from clients about a compatibility issue with yesterday's release of macOS 14.4 Sonoma on Apple Silicon Macs so caution is advised before upgrading to this point release.

DAWs affected appear only to be those relying on Apple's auvaltool, so if you use Audio Units on an Apple Silicon Mac please consider deferring your update until more is known.

When the problem presents it affects multiple plug-ins protected by Pace / iLok on the same system, but not all systems are affected. None of those tested by LiquidSonics on Intel or Apple Silicon Macs have exhibited the fault with the beta or release builds of macOS 14.4 so it is not a universal issue, but it is sufficiently widespread to justify issuing an advisory note.”

Dan Maxe

From Sonnox FB:
We have received reports of a compatibility issue with yesterday’s release of macOS 14.4 Sonoma on Apple Silicon Macs.

This issue affects plug-ins from all manufacturers protected by PACE / iLok when used with AU host DAWs such as Logic. Therefore, if you use Audio Units on an Apple Silicon Mac, please defer your update until more is known.

We are contacting PACE and will update you once we find a resolution.

Deif

Venerated Member
PACE f*cking up again

UAD Bundle Month