Still no joy in Windows 11 and Arrow

jazzboy

I figured by now the drivers would be stable to use with a mainstream program like cubase but just changing the sample rate cause the blue menace. I had opened a ticket in the past and that was completely useless. Was told my machine was at fault and here I am with my new Motu M4 just rockin along super steady-like.

Hoping another user might have some insights. Kinda done with the support team.

jazzboy

So trying to reinstall, the installer did not work because shards of the previous install were left behind. It was looking for the 32bit.msi. So basically unless I want to spend more hours, I have to do a clean install.

Works great on my Mac but the software is really awful on pc. Why even offer it for pc???

Neotrope

Established Member
I have one running on Windows 10, and still works just fine. The trick is optimizing the PC for audio, making sure the audio settings see the Arrow and have it set as the I/O for everything and allow it to take control of the audio system so nothing else interferes. Install all apps as "admin" for paranoia. I forget if there is installer under the windows -> applications settings, but that would be ideal if there. If not, there should be some kind of 'uninstaller' you can run separately, but not sure where that is. Make sure it's on before turning on the PC (unless you have bus powered unit). It's a trick, but it can work, just Windows is super funky about audio stuff - they are trying to fix that in Windows 11 finally, but a bit more obtuse. I have this same issue with my DAC sometimes going missing on my Windows 11 jukebox when there is major update to the OS. Have to go back into the audio settings and set the right max-sample rate, set the allow device to be the boss, etc. Sorry no super simple answer. There was a thread on here about optimizing Apollo for Windows, but don't have that link. It was super detailed, so perhaps look for that.

Neotrope

Established Member
oh, duh, I could have included link might help, might not

jazzboy

I have one running on Windows 10, and still works just fine. The trick is optimizing the PC for audio, making sure the audio settings see the Arrow and have it set as the I/O for everything and allow it to take control of the audio system so nothing else interferes. Install all apps as "admin" for paranoia. I forget if there is installer under the windows -> applications settings, but that would be ideal if there. If not, there should be some kind of 'uninstaller' you can run separately, but not sure where that is. Make sure it's on before turning on the PC (unless you have bus powered unit). It's a trick, but it can work, just Windows is super funky about audio stuff - they are trying to fix that in Windows 11 finally, but a bit more obtuse. I have this same issue with my DAC sometimes going missing on my Windows 11 jukebox when there is major update to the OS. Have to go back into the audio settings and set the right max-sample rate, set the allow device to be the boss, etc. Sorry no super simple answer. There was a thread on here about optimizing Apollo for Windows, but don't have that link. It was super detailed, so perhaps look for that.
Thanks for the reply. The Arrow worked reasonably well in 10. The problems are in 11.

I use it on a Hackintosh and even getting the Asus ex3 TB card going was tricky but rock solid in High Sierra on this dual boot machine. The bios is very well setup.

Even in 10 when using apps like Potato as a router the Arrow is unhappy unlike the the Motu M4 that is über-stable. Have been using UAD cards since 2002 and have built a ton of show computers for live processing. But 11, is just next level nasty with the UAD drivers.

Neotrope

Established Member
i kept my win 10 machine frozen so win11 cannot auto install. so understand completely. one trick i have done on some installs is disable any motherboard audio, and any usb audio on video card.

jazzboy

i kept my win 10 machine frozen so win11 cannot auto install. so understand completely. one trick i have done on some installs is disable any motherboard audio, and any usb audio on video card.
Got it working in 11. If it remains stable I will post the tweaks. One of which I did for the Hackintosh boot. Keeping my fingers crossed. For fun called Microsoft support for some daily humor and sweet baby hey Zeus is that supposed to be a joke???

Neotrope

Established Member
Got it working in 11. If it remains stable I will post the tweaks. One of which I did for the Hackintosh boot. Keeping my fingers crossed. For fun called Microsoft support for some daily humor and sweet baby hey Zeus is that supposed to be a joke???
lol...wait, microsoft still has support? but yeah, i did bunch of tweaks to build couple of hackintosh boxes also....kinda makes me appreciate our new mac studio m1 boxes...pic of one of our hackintosh boxes

Attachments

UAD Bundle Month