• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

    Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

    Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

    1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

    2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

    Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

    Lastly, please be respectful.

Strange Nuendo 3 - UAD problem - Help

jwnc

Member
Hi,

Lately all of a sudden when I load sessions in N3 that use UAD plug ins the session will play but no sound is being hear. The meters on all tracks are not moving, the VST meter is 0. I look at the UAD control panel and it shows that plug ins are being used but there is no Usage on the UAD meter. This is very strange and I dont know what else to do.

Anybody have an idea?

Thanks
Jason
 

jwnc

Member
Mono and stereo.. Using a Lynx L22 and never had any problems until I had to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and memory.

Jason
 

KaNeT

Active Member
I had the exactly same bug in a session with a lot of plugin (4 cards nearly maxed), but other sessions were working. The only way I found was to go back to an autosaved file before it happened. Then I had reproduced the bug ... it came because of pasting chan templates saved from other N3 sessions. Sorry I can't help more. I hope you have enabled the autosave feature.

If I remember well if you remove all the plugins (not only turn them off) and save, the project works again... but you loose all your mix.
 

jwnc

Member
Kanet, Thanks I am glad I am not alone. What Host, OS, etc are you using when this happens? How often does it happen?

Thanks
Jason
 

KaNeT

Active Member
Well... I will try to list that even if I think (at least in my case) it was a N3 problem related.

WinXP SP2, N3.2, 4xUAD in a magma chassis using 4.7 drivers, RME HDSP MADI, etc. The session was a mastering, so I used a lot PEQ (maybe 15), same number of different comp/limiters, and hardware FX... Some track were freezed.

It happened only once, in this project, never had it again, but since it seemed to happen when I was copying/paster chan presets, I stopped to do that (I'm not 100% sure it is the only cause, maybe a combo of plugs, etc).

A difference with you is important : the other sessions were all working during the bug, only this one was affected.

Good luck
 
UAD Bundle Month
Top