• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Syncing two iLok dongles

David MacNeill

Established Member
I bought a second USB-C iLok for away missions with my lappie but I can't figure out a way to keep them in synch without doing it manually. Is there a better way?

flandybob

Established Member
what do you mean “in sync”, you mean same licenses on both?
If that’s it I don’t believe you can, you need to manually put license on each ilok (assuming the plugins have two licenses that can be used on two separate iloks)

David MacNeill

Established Member
I mean using a separate license on each dongle. I do it manually now, but I would rather have it done automatically. Every time I buy a new plugin, I have to install each new plugin on both system‘s drives anyway so, now that I think about it, there is no other way to update my second iLok — by design. Oh well.

chrisharbin

Hall of Fame Member
I thought (and I'm having a different issue) that you are supposed to do this easily. Seems ilok has gotten more difficult to deal with. Not that it's related, but mine went belly up, "zero downtime" is a joke (never do that again) and LUCKILY, everything I need is on the cloud.

Anyways, yeah, ilok. They seem to be too complicated right now.

David MacNeill

Established Member
I thought (and I'm having a different issue) that you are supposed to do this easily. Seems ilok has gotten more difficult to deal with. Not that it's related, but mine went belly up, "zero downtime" is a joke (never do that again) and LUCKILY, everything I need is on the cloud.

Anyways, yeah, ilok. They seem to be too complicated right now.
I'm over my antipathy towards iLok. Out of all possible DRM systems that could have been forced upon us, it's probably the least shitty.

UAD Bundle Month