• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

system update insurance?

poof

Hello,

This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for some time. Great site. Very informative.

I'm curious how everyone here with paying clients deals with upgrades. I'm hovering with OSX 10.3.9 right now because it's quite stable as long as I don't set off a couple of known triggers. The system works very well with 2 UAD cards and DP4.12.

I REALLY want to try the new plugs but don't want to leave a system that's pretty stable for something that could get messy.

What do you do?

POOF

secretworld

I´m on a pc so I don´t know if something similar is possible for you but whenever I want to do an upgrade wich seems risky, I backup my OS partition using symantec ghost. Then if I don´t like the results I´m back to working order in a few minutes. For safety I make such a backup on a regular basis, and that saved my b*t a few times, when even an insignificant change caused a big problem. That said, the newer UAD drivers always seem to work here and are easily reverted back to an older version (again here on a pc)
Good luck
Vincent

UAD Bundle Month