• Welcome to the General Discussion forum for UAD users!

Please note that this forum is user-run, although we're thrilled to have so much contribution from Drew, Will, and other UA folks!

Feel free to discuss both UAD and non-UAD related subjects!

1) Please do not post technical issues here. Please use our UAD Support Forums instead.

2) Please do not post complaints here. Use the Unrest Forum instead. They have no place in the the General Discussion forum.

Threads posted in the wrong forum will be moved, so if you don't see your thread here anymore, please look in the correct forum.

Lastly, please be respectful.

Tape flanger emulation

topogigio

Would anybody else like to see a good through-zero tape flanger emulation? 2 revox & a thumb kind of deal. :roll:
think the Byrd's Old John Robertson or 101 Strings's Astro Sound...

I just though it would be a good way to use the tape emulation expertise gained in the making of the RE-201.

Paul Woodlock

Established Member
topogigio said:
Would anybody else like to see a good through-zero tape flanger emulation? 2 revox & a thumb kind of deal. :roll:
think the Byrd's Old John Robertson or 101 Strings's Astro Sound...
Absolutely I would!! :) I want different flavours of thumb too ;)

I just though it would be a good way to use the tape emulation expertise gained in the making of the RE-201.
Personlly I would first like the tape emulation expertise gained in the making of the RE-201 to be used in making a Tape Emulator. :)

But yeah, a 'real' flanger would be a great spinoff. :)

Eric Dahlberg

Purveyor of musical dreams fullfilled.
Definitely, with through-zero flange, please!

contramark

wow 101 strings great record! if only music really did sound like that in the year 2000.

brian

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these also. I've played around with double-bussing signals to 2 RE201s 100% wet using the lo-grade tape option. It sounds pretty nice with some tweaking but of course the modulation is somewhat random.

Have any of you used the VintageModulator from Voxengo? I remember being able to produce some pretty nice through-zero effects with it, although it didn't have any tape-flavor (wasn't intended for that anyway).

svs95

Shareholder
Waves Metaflanger is pretty good, and so is the freeware mda \"ThruZero\" flanger. The old dspfx flanger is all right, too.

But by far and away, the best software flanger I've ever heard is the A0 Classics \"Xflanger II.\" That sounds like the real McCoy to me!

It's freeware, BTW! Here

svs95

UAD Bundle Month